Monday, May 5, 2008

Flat Out Fun & Thimbles 50% Off Sale Reminder!

Look Of The Day [May 5/2008] 2

I am a girl who loves a good pair of flats. I have an entire collection, scoured every shoe shop in-world, on SLX, and OnRez, and have already submitted an article on great virtual flats available for the June edition of Vain Inc. Magazine. So when I got word via FashCon today that Erpla Prieto of Periquita had released some flats, I was ecstatic. The flats are currently only available at her Retrology location, as her main store is having a sale of previously released items. Erpla sent me a fat-pack of the shoes this evening, and I felt I had to blog them right away. They are adorable, somewhere between the flats I wore in the early 80s as a pre-teen, and an almost faerie whimsical ballet slipper. The Periquita Funny Girl Flats come in 11 shades, I am wearing the Black here.

I decided to throw on some Thimbles, so that I had a chance to remind everyone that the 50% OFF SALE at the Retrology Location ONLY, ends on Monday, May 5th at 5pm SLT! I am wearing one of the adorable Zelda Hats from Thimbles, as well as this Starlust Jumper, and a cute Dollarbie Jacket in Black.

Look Of The Day [May 5/2008] 1

Since the adorable Periquita flats are called Funny Girl, I decided to have a lot of fun with this look, accessorizing with this great Fanny Pack from Yummy, some basic Black Jelly Bracelets from Overdose (PbP), and some hella big Black Cat Eyeglasses from Paper Couture. Had to bring in my Black Teacup Poodle, which I named Toto (original I know), from Wynx's Neverwhere Shop. In RL, pets are not accessories (despite what Paris Hilton may think), but in-world, nothing is more fun then a pet as an accessory.

I am wearing one of my all time favorite wigs from Armidi, the shaggy Poynter in Midnight I. I opted for a great Celestial Studios skin with just the right lip shade, called Rubies, it has always been a favorite. Eyes are from [Detour], you can't see em', but they are still fabulous!


Shopping Details:
Eyes – [Detour], Delta Eyes (Hazel)
Hair – Armidi Hair, The Poynter (Midnight I)
Shoes – Periquita, Funny Girl Flats (Black)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Rubies)
Glasses – Paper Couture, Black Cat Eyeglasses With Stud Embellishments
Hat – Thimbles, Zelda Hat (White Knitted Hat w/ Purple Flower)
Top – Thimbles, Dollarbie Jackets (<3 You Jacket/Black)
Overalls – Thimbles, Starlust Jumper (Black Buttons)
Bag - (Yummy), Fanny Pack EXTREEEME!!! (Mysterious Black)
Bracelets – Overdose (Punk By Proxy), Black Jelly Bracelets
Dog – Wynx’s Neverwhere Shop, Black Teacup Poodle

1 comment:

Bella Baroque said...

OMG! Those flats look like my RL closet staple!!! Must have :D thx for another awesome post and a reason for me to go broke, haha