Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Anything But Rainbow Bright

Look Of The Day [May 1/2008] 2

Sometimes you pick your clothes based on your moods. When I am feeling a little like I want to go un-noticed, or hide in the background, I go for dark neutrals and simple shapes. For the most part this look is all shrinking violet, but as you can see... there is also the illusive Rainbow on the horizon. This Dress and tights are a sweet almost Gothic Lolita look from Honey Kitty (*H+K*), the Cloudy Bambina comes is a dozen layer options and includes the tights (and several accessories, not worn here).

I felt like the sleeveless top with lace trip was a little to open for my pre-spring mood, so I added a great Ribbed Sweater on the Skirt Layer. From Lala, is came White but is Mod so I tinted a muted olive to match the dress. Speaking of tinting, I chose a necklace from Swallowtail, the Knit Bead in White, also tinted a dusty Navy shade to match. I chose one of my many pairs of Dune boots from Maitreya, this Black pair keeps things slender and sleek, and are really a great pair to have in your closet. I also pulled in a great piece of Kitsch, a Rainbow Brite Lunch Box from illuminare, a pop of colour and fun so things didn't get too dreary. I pulled on a Sanskrit Cuff from Naughty Designs for a little more polish.

Look Of The Day [May 1/2008] 1

This great messy Brandi wig is from Here Comes Trouble, and I musy go back soon for more great styles, I barely touched the surface of what they have to offer. This skin is a favorite Freebie Skin from the biancaF. update group, from *QS*, it is sweet and I love the mustes lip and dramatic bur soft eyeshadow. Lashes and Eyes from Detour, if you have never been, you must go, it is worth a look!

Eyes – [Detour], Delta Eyes (Hazel)
Hair – Here Comes Trouble, HCT Brandi, Grayscale (Big, GS White/Black)
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Skin – biancaF., *QS* Skin Freebie [No Longer Available]
Dress - *H+K*, Cloudy Bambina
Bag – illuminare, Rainbow Brite Lunchbox
Bracelet – ND, Sanskrit Cuff & Silver Sparkle Ring Bracelet
Necklace – Swallowtail, Knit Bead Necklace (White, Tinted)
Boots – Maitreya, Dune Boots (Black)
Shirt – Lala:, Ribbed Sweater, White (Shirt Layer, Tinted)

No comments: