Monday, April 7, 2008

Working The System

I was all geared up for shopping, when my sister Anessa sent out notice that the NEW Paper Couture line had dropped. My heart did little flippity flops, and so off we went, wading through the laggage to grab up some fresh baked goods! I was wearing this little number from *ICING*, called Puma Jie, and I had been waiting for an opportunity to look sharp! I think Miko Omegamu's work is exceptional, and her skills are improving with every release, I have to hold myself back from buying everything she makes, it really is a dangerous but relatively safe addiction.

I paired this look with my fabulous Barcelona Slingbacks from Armidi, in a colour called Falu, they are just a nice deep red and I love the shape of them. I am also weating a great Onyx Necklace and Gold Bracelet, available separately from aya V., who's work is really interesting and very affordable. I also have this adorable PV Oceanic under-arm clutch, a gift from Precious Vuckovic months and months ago, and it is so great when you want your hands free to shop with! I threw on these great freebie hoop earrings from Paper Couture, not sure if they still give them away, but they were in the Fall Campaign Gift Bag.

This hair is NEW from Diversity, and I was lucky enough to nab it in the sale on the release date for about 25% the normal cost. I love the off-set bun and the long tendrils of hair tucked behind my ears. I strongly urge people to join the Digit Darkes & Diversity Hair subscribe-o-matic group for these limited time offer notices, you never know when you could find something new and fabulous. Skin from Celestial Studios, and still grooving on these eyes from Detour.

Tip: On a side note about the System Skirts, a lot of people avoid them, and someone commented recently on my Flickr stream about how I managed to make it look 'normal' on my avatar. This is a trick I was not aware of till my sister Anessa started modelling, and told be about a "skirt shape". If your shape is Mod, simply throw on a system skirt, and reduce the size of your bum a bit till it looks as if it were the same size as without the system skirt. Viola! Embrace the System Skirt, it is your friend!

Look Of The Day [Apr.3/08] 2

Look Of The Day [Apr.3/08] 1

Eyes – [Detour], Delta Eyes (Hazel)
Hair – Diversity Hair, Jaya (Black)
Lashes – FNKY! & Cake, Cake - Bedroom Lashes
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Drama)
Blouse & Skirt - *ICING*, Puma Jie
Gold Bracelet – +*Atelier AM*+, aya ,+*V.*+,, Gold Bracelet
Earrings – Paper Couture, Basic Hoop Earring, [Freebie, Tinted Gold]
Necklace – +*Atelier AM*+, aya ,+*V.*+,, Long Necklace Onyx2
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Shoes – [Armidi Gisaci], Barcelona Slingbacks (Falu)
Purse – PV Designs by Precious Vuckovic, Oceanic Print Clutch (Black)

No comments: