Tuesday, April 29, 2008

No Shrinking Violet

Look Of The Day [April 25/2008] 5

When the Invitation to the Vain Inc. Magazine Anniversary Celebration arrived, the dress code was "Informal Black & White Ball". I own a lot of Black, and a lot of white, but as we were there for a fashion show first, then a party after, I wanted a classic simple look, something that could work at the office, at a cocktail party, or a night on the town. Miko Omegamu of *ICING* never lets me down. The quality of her work has increased exponentially since I first discovered her shop, and this Femme em Noir Dress is no exception. It is so classic, modern, yet timeless, and the dragonfly pin on the chest is included and really makes this look complete. Not only is it wonderful as a dress, but you could easily use the top or skirt separately in another look.

To complete the look, I chose a pair of bangles from ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~ a NEW shop opening on Retrology in the next few days. I am really excited to see what else will be released, but if this fabulous Sculpted Sugar Silver Gem Bangle Set is any indication of what's to come, I will be parked on their doorstep! These bangles come in a set of 2 (Left & Right) and the Gemstones are Colour Scripted to change to one of 12 Gem Tones. I set this pair to Onyx, but they looked equally lovely in diamond or even pink sapphire. I love jewelry with scripted options. Sweetie Pye, one of the three owners of ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~, tells me that they will be selling for $100LaLas a Set, and also available in Gold and Copper tones. I although I didn't want to take extra prims to the Fashion Show, in studio I did throw on this great bag I found OnRez, called the Ruffled Handbag by Urid Dal, very pretty sculpted shape, and a reasonable size. The fabulous Silver StudSides Pumps from Stiletto Moody are beyond fabulous, a very sexy shoe, and it is remarkable classy as well. Also wearing my Gimcrack engagement ring by Caroline's Jewelry.

Look Of The Day [April 25/2008] 1

I am wearing the Ivory-Fata-Base Skin from biancaF. that I love, with [Detour] Love Lashes, and Glassy Mustard Green Eyes from Freak Fantasia. This fabulous Hair was the free preview gift from MM Skins, called the Venessa, this is the Pitch Black Version. When I put it on, my husband Draco immediately remarked, "You Look Like That Violet Girl from the Incredibles Movie". Well, I may look like Violet... but I am no shrinking violet, not by a long shot.

Shopping Details:
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green
Hair – MMS, Venessa Hair (Pitch) [Group Gift]
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Skin – biancaF., *bf* ivoryfata-base
Purse – Urid Dal, Ruffled Handbag (Dark Grey)[OnRez]
Dress - *ICING*, Femme en Noir (includes Dragonfly Pin)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Ring
Shoes – Stiletto Moody, Silver Studsides Pump (All Colour, Scripted to Black)
Bracelets – Fresh Baked Goods, ~*FBG*~, Sculpted Sugar Bangle Set (Scripted to 12 Gem Tone Selection, Worn in Onyx) [Opening Soon on Retrology]

2 comments:

Candy Lemmon said...

Sexy, striking look.

That dragonfly pin is too good. Thanks for the inspiration!

Candy Lemmon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.