Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Poppy - A Route to Addiction...

Look Of The Day [June 10/2008] 1

When ::eLDee:: came to join the group of vendors on Retrology, I was largely unfamiliar with the work of Lilyana Dryke. I had seen some adorable things on the feeds and dropped in to pick up something specific, but had not really taken a good look around till the shop landed on my doorstep. This Poppy dress from ::eLDee:: is absolutely striking. I love the shading and texturing on the gauzy skirt, the huge prim poppy flower embellishment, and the exposed back. The glitch pants work perfectly with the skirt, really a well crafted garment. A dress like this gives me hunger for more, all the ingredients for a healthy fashion addiction are coming together.

I felt that the embellishments on the dress was the main statement accessory, so kept everything else fairly tame. The bag is a favorite from Bare Rose of Tokyo in their Couture Sections, I love the shape of this Horseshoe Bag, and the deep red colour is so great. The bracelets, I must admit, somehow made it into my wardrobe, but I am not exactly clear if they were a freebie, a gift, or a review copy, or if I purchased it. That's my bad, but I blame it on my addiction for stuff. In any case, the Ammali Onyx Bracelet is from Bebe and is just the sort of chunky bracelet that work with such a bare arm. Speaking of bare, I similarly went with a statement Gladiator Sandal from J's, these a more day-wear look in Dark Brown Leather, and together with the skirt make me feel pretty sexy and powerful, ready to head into the arena with Russel Crowe!

Look Of The Day [June 10/2008] 2

As for this combo of hair, skin, lashes and eyes, I am rather addicted to looking at my face like this. The hair is the brilliant huge .+*Gwen*+. wig from Mirai, and I just love that it is equal parts sexy and sweet. The skin is from *QS*, the Milk Skin tone in Dark 001 Make-up, I love the smoky eyes with the highlighted brow bone, the red of the lips is just the right shade, and the shape of the lips are pouty perfection. These have to be my favorite art lashes so far, the [Detour] Klee Dot Lashes are so precious. Eyes are from BBBM, but that is an addiction for another day.

Shopping Details:
Dress - ::eLDee::, Poppy
Shoes – J’s, Gladiator Sandals (Dark Brown)
Bag - :::B@R:::, Lucky Horseshoe (Red)
Bracelets – Bebe, Ammali Onyx Bracelet
Hair – Mirai, .+*Gwen*+. (Black)
Skin – [QS], Milk Skin – Dark 001
Lashes – [Detour], Klee Dot Lashes
Eyes – BBBM, Watery Eyes – Mud (Splatter)

No comments: