Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Doing The ChaCha!

Look Of The Day [June 5/2008] 1

While exploring the new *Velvet* SIM, home to bianca F., *QS* Skins, Vain Inc., and dozens of other brilliant shops, I wandered in to Frozen Turquoise Valentine. Sad to admit I had never been to their shop before, and had never really seen them on the feeds, but I was never so happy to discover a "new to me" shop. The very first thing I saw when I walked inside, was this adorable ChaCha Dress, and the Lime Colour immediately caught my eye. So sweet and fresh, flirty and fun, well crafted, and reasonably priced, who could ask for anything more. By the time I stepped outside the shop, my arms were full of fabulous finds, I urge you all to visit *Velvet* and make sure you check out FTV when you are there.

When I heard that Laqroki had released new styles in my favorite white shade, I headed over to check them out. I scooped up 2 of the new wigs, and as someone who never tries on Demo Hair, (a mistake BTW) I headed home to check them out. I do love this June style, the length, colour, and texture is lovely, but I didn't notice from the ads that on the left side of the forehead, there is a big gap in the bangs, they seem to stop short. I had to rez another wig on the ground, unlink, and pull of the bangs from it, then rez a second unlink, and add in the bangs piece to the one I wanted to wear. It is difficult with TGA Textures to achieve a seamless look, and if the photos show an oddly angled bang sweep it is because it was the best I could do. The style is very nice, but it is my own fault for not trying a Demo, and I will never plop down $400LaLas so quickly again, which is a very high price for hair in a single color. Live, Learn.

Look Of The Day [June 5/2008] 2

The shoes are a brilliant pair of freebies from the ETD Clover Hunt during St. Patrick's Day, The Hampton Wedge is a lovely chunky Sandal and is available in a wide range of great colours, this one is Lucky Green. The bag is the even so french Madeleine Bag (like the shell shaped cakes) from Paper Couture, as are the Basic Hoop Earrings. The intricate bracelets with the inset gems are from -EARTHTONES-, the Lushwood Cuffs are part of the latest batch of releases and are really eye-catching. Gimcrack Ring is from Caroline's.

Skin is Canimal's Essence of Grace in Poison Make-Up, so pretty with the Echo of Green in the shadow. Eyes are the lovely emotive Mystical Doll Eyes by Lost at Naughty Designs, and Love Lashes are from [Detour].

Shopping Details:
Dress – Frozen Turquoise Valentine (FTV), ChaCha (Lime)
Shoes – ETD, The Hampton Wedge (Lucky Green) [Clover Hunt Freebie]
Purse – Paper Couture, The Madeleine Bag (Citron)
Bracelets - -EARTHTONES-, Lushwood Cuff (Spring/Gold)
Hair – Laqroki, June (White) [Modded Bangs]
Skin – Caminal, Essence of (Grace)…Poison
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Earrings – Paper Couture, Basic Hoop Earrings [Tinted, Free Gift in Store]
Ring – Caroline’s, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Eyes – [ND] Eyes by Lost, Doll Eyes (Mystical)

No comments: