Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Holey Knit Wit

Look Of The Day [September 8/08] 1

The cooler fall weather is the perfect excuse to bring out the knitwear. One of my favorite textures, and one that is very difficult to work with in-world, is knit. There is plenty of it around, but finding good realistic looking knit wear is difficult. One of my favorite sweaters, is this Holey Sweater from Surf Couture. It is a fantastic item for layering, as it works nicely over almost any T-shirt, and in comes in about a dozen amazing colours. This Blue one was the perfect started for this look, and since my favorite colour to wear with blue in chocolate brown, the rest came together pretty easily. I have had this Brown Cord Mini from Naughty Designs longer then I can remember, but it is a sweet little skirt, and the heavier corduroy fabric is a perfect match to fall knit wear. I tucked one of my favorite tank tops underneath the sweater, this Pushbutton Industries The Error top in Chestnut with Blue is a great option, as it comes with a tucked or untucked version on all layers. It picks up on both the blues and browns in this casual and flirty look. I adore socks with mini-skirts, and [MG Fashion] has fabulous packs of Knitted Socks that have any colour you could ever want, which is one of my favorite things about [MG Fashion]. I picked up three packs all together, and this great Brown pair was in the Pack 01. A great over the knee sock to pair with minis, shorts, or babydoll dresses, the knit texture is great for the upcoming season.

Look Of The Day [September 8/08] 2

I went with a boot from Pixeldolls (Luna Viola), the Desert Boot is a great short sculpted boot, that comes in a pack with a black or brown accented version, and the boot colour is HUD Scripted to change to one of 6 great colours, so it is like 12 pair of boots for one great price. I added a casual Denim Hobo Bag from Celestial Studios, one of my all time favorite bags. As a lover of Indian Culture, this Ganesha Necklace from -EARTHTONES- is a special favorite. Ganesha is one of the most identifiable of all the Hindu deities, widely revered as the Remover of Obstacles and more generally as Lord of Beginnings, patron of arts and sciences, and the Deva of intellect and wisdom. You can't really beat that as an ornamental amulet. This simple set of Rust Wire Bangles from Philotic Energy, is really neat looking, and I honestly don't remember how I acquired it, but I am glad they are in my massive inventory, I think they work well with this look.

Look Of The Day [September 8/08] 3

Now that the Hair Fair is over, it is time to showcase more of my favorites, like this Maitreya Chloe style. I love the relaxed knit wool cap, and it is scripted to change colours with a click. This brown was the perfect match for this look. The sculpted chunks of hair are really great, I love the way it covers half the face, very sexy. The blue of this Canimal Essence of Frost skin work well here too, picking up on the blues in the outfit nicely. Bedroom Lashes are from Cake, and eyes are Glassy Mustard Green from Freak Fantasia. I am anxiously awaiting fall and winter releases with more great knit textures, somehow the cooler weather just seems for natural for me, even in-world. Must be the weather in Toronto, even though we have scorching summers, I am far more a fan of the fall and winter weather.

Shopping Details:
Sweater – [SC] Surf Couture, Holey Sweater (Blue)
T-Shirt - *PBI*, The Error (Chestnut – Blue, Tucked)
Skirt – [ND], Brown Cord Mini
Socks – [MG Fashion], Knitted Socks (Pack 01, Brown)
Boots – Pixeldolls, (Luna Viola) Desert Boots: HUD Colorable (Black Accents)
Purse – Celestial Studios, (CS) Hobo Bag (Denim, Hand)
Necklace - -EARTHTONES-, Ganesha Necklace (Gold)
Bracelet – PE, Rust Wire Bangles
Hair/Hat – Maitreya, Chloe (Pitch) [Hair Fair]
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Frost
Lashes – Cake, Bedroom Lashes
Eyes – Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

No comments: