Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Pin-Up Inside and Out

Look Of The Day [August 18/08] 1

The other day, while browsing the feeds I spotted this amazing wig from [Curio] on the Mundo Blog. The very first premium skin I ever bought was from Gala, and some of my first hair was [Curio], but I had not been back in ages. When I read the name of this wig though, I new I had to have it, Psychobilly Freakout! Not only a Reverend Horton Heat song I regularly play in my Rockabilly sets, but a whole aesthetic I adore. The style is lovely, with twisted rolls framing the face, and a variety of flower attachments (optional). The flexi ponytail in the back is really well done, and it has the lovely [Curio] hair texture and shine that I have always loved.

I have always marveled over the dresses produced by one of Second Life's most under-appreciated artists, Evelyn Edelman of Big Booty, Big Money. Her colour combinations and unique designs are just incredibly well done, and the selection and prices cannot be beat. This BBBM Inside Dress in Orange is simply enchanting. The detail in the texture on the skirt is exquisite, lace and thread and small butterflies, intricate and elegant. I paired it with some great **Battered Boudoir** Boudoir Legs in Fair Chocolate, just to give the look a little more polish, these hose are completely delicious. The hose perfectly set off these incredible new Pinup Pumps from Stiletto Moody. This pair is the Patent Color Set, which changes to any of 9 or so delicious hues, and are endlessly wearable. I really love the shape of this pump, the texture on the sculpt is so well done, and the prims are perfectly aligned, looking lovely from all angles.

Look Of The Day [August 18/08] 2

I accessorized the look with a fabulous Swallowtail Sculpted Rose Necklace, that sits perfectly with the low strapless neckline of the dress. I also went for a chunky bracelet from Bonita's, this Cube Bracelet is a favorite, the sculpted beads are textures so nicely, I really would love to see move jewelry like this in world, it is a really special piece. The Tiffany Bag is from Mannon's Fashion, and I have no idea when I purchased it, or if I even did myself, it may have been a gift, just a cute little bag, I love the giraffe print accents on it.

The skin is a new purchase for me, more of the lovely Canimal Essence Skins, here in the Grace Tone Roses make-up. I just felt I needed more of the lovely make-ups then the 4 I already owned, this my friends, is how addictions get started. Eyes are the luminous Brown Realistic Brights from **[Riddle]**, and Separated Lashes are from Cake.

Shopping Details:
Dress – Big Booty Big Money, Inside Dress (Orange)
Hose - **Battered Boudoir**, Boudoir Legs Fair (Chocolate)[Gift from Eloria LeShelle]
Shoes – Stiletto Moody, Pinup (Patent Color Set)[Review Copy]
Purse – Mannon Fashion, Tiffany Bag (Black/Dark Giraffe)
Necklace – Swallowtail, Sculpted Rose Necklace
Bracelet – Bonita’s, Cube Bracelet (Black Shine w/ Org, Blk, Blue)
Hair – [Curio], Psychobilly Freakout *Flexi* (Black, with Front Flower – Tinted)
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Roses
Eyes - **[Riddle]**, Realistic Brights (Brown)
Lashes – Cake, Separated Lashes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooo I adore this look you've put together. Fantastic job. Now I'm running to the shops :-)

Abby Coalcliff said...

Omg I love this combo!