Saturday, August 23, 2008

Heirloom Pins & Memories

Look Of The Day [August 20/08] 1

When I was a teenager, way back in the 80s', I had a Denim Jacket. It wasn't a fancy brand name, it wasn't the hottest thing on the block, but I made it mine. First I plastered the front chest pockets with tiny buttons featuring my favorite bands and artists. Wham, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, and Cyndi Lauper. As I outgrew my geeky music stage, and removed those pins, I discovered my grandmother's jewelry box, full of fancy brooches and pins, tarnished metals and rhinestones. I adorned the jacket with these, and every time I would visit my grandmother or her friends, they would pass on more of these antique trinkets to me. I wish I had kept tabs on that Jacket, more so the pins, they are certainly in some box somewhere, but when I saw this amazing new Lady of The Pins sweater release by *Ki-Squared*, it brought back a flood of memories. The sweater has a brilliant knit texture, the creases are done to perfection, and the asymmetrical neckline and pin closures are so well done. Now released in another 6 colours, this sweater is a lovely addition to anyones wardrobe, I chose to layer it here with a sexy simple bra from *PERSONA*. I pulled out the blues in one of the broaches, and tinted this White Pearl Well Behaved Bra to a robin's egg blue. I think it makes the sweater look so much sexier. I also pulled out the darker blue in these great Blue Suede Pants from Celestial Studios, I really love the pant leg options wit these pants, flared, straight leg, or boot cut, how great is that!

Look Of The Day [August 20/08] 2

Boots are the lovely *REDGRAVE* Smoke Leather Sculpties Boots, a really great pair to wear, whether full boot, or just the shoe parts under pants. I continued the antique feel with this fabulous Heirloom Necklace from Paper Couture, I love the small organza bow tied around the pendant, a lovely handmade looking detail. This great set of White Rattan Bracelets and Earrings Set from ::69:: again echos the blue details in the look, but gives it a little more of a jumbled casual feel. The rattan weave in the set echoes the weave in the sweater nicely.

Look Of The Day [August 20/08] 3

I went back to Here Comes Trouble this week, looking for more of their fabulous Exclusive Two-Tones Styles. This Vesper style looks like a casual up-do from the front, and a messy punky ponytail in the back, I love that kind of dichotomy in one look. Another new to me skin from Canimal, this is the Essence of Ether make-up in the Grace tone, I simply adore the eye make-ups on these skins. Separated Lashes by Cake, and fabulous Brown Realistic Brights Eyes from **[Riddle]** round out this look nicely. Thanks to *Ki2* for the memories this great look evoked for me.

Shopping Details:
Sweater - *Ki2*, Lady of the Pins
Pants – Celestial Studios, (CS) Suede Pants (Blue)
Bra - *PERSONA*, Well Behaved Lingerie Pack, Bra (White Pearl, Tinted)
Boots - *REDGRAVE*, Smoke Leather Sculpties Boots
Necklace – Paper Couture, P.C., Heirloom Pendant
Earrings, Bracelets - ::69::, Rattan Set (White)
Hair - :HCT:, Exclusive Pack 1-Vesper ((Big)) – e2tp-1Black
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Ether
Eyes - **[Riddle]**, Realistic Brights (Brown)
Lashes – Cake, Separated Lashes

No comments: