Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Fashionable Goth

Look Of The Day [August 27/08] 1

Sometimes, when you outfit yourself from head-to-toe in black, you either look extremely emo, or uber goth. The most recent "Best in Black" event at PIN UPS found me in a mood that suited the colour, my man has been out of town for most of the month, and it has been really difficult for me to not be able to talk to him as often as we normally would. With so much inventory, it took me ages to settle on just one look, but this look is a little bit emo, a little bit goth, yet still has a high fashion feel to it. I attribute most of that to the fabulous creations from M * A * ii * K * I, the collaboration between Maitreya creator Onyx LeShelle and Dutch Touch's Iki Ikarus. The system elements are clean and stylish, the prim parts sculpted to perfection, and the layer options make the pieces endlessly workable, whether it is with other M * A * ii * K * I offerings, or any other pieces you might have in your closet. I started with the Poof Skirt & Black (Alt) Set, but with my persistent system skirt glitch, I decided to work in some leggings rather then fight the system so to speak. I love the leggings that came with the M * A * ii * K * I Patent Green Set. They utilize not only the undies layer, but also extend further down the leg with the sock layer, and include a great bunched up prim detail on the ankle. The system layers are really used to their best advantage here, while the amazing sculpted pieces like this collar add polish and style.

Look Of The Day [August 27/08] 3

I was dying to get another pair of the new Lya Nichelle Pumps on my feet, here in the Black. Lyanis Sin sent me a fatpack on release, and they are a really sexy and simple sueded pump. I wore the Gold pair in my Look Of The Month for Vain Inc. in the upcoming September Issue, and the fatpack is the way to go if you love a classic pump like this. The purse is a bit of gothic whimsy (if there is such a thing) from Bastchild Designs, the Chainmail Purse has rows of spikes, a theme I went with for most of the accessories in this look. This week E! Eclectic Accessories dropped some review copies on me, and it was perfect timing. This great Black Studded Arm Strap is the first I have ever owned, and I love the way it look here, breaking up the very glam outfit with a little bit of Gothic detail. A really great accessory, I can't wait to go off in search of more of what E! has to offer. I echoed the spikes with some WRONG Spike Bands in Black at my wrists, a great staple accessory. My favorite long dangle earrings are these Jagged Earrings in Black from Diamonde., and my most worn accessory is my Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring from Caroline's. I added a Lip Ring from Red Ruin for a little more edge.

Look Of The Day [August 27/08] 2

More great hair from (JUNWAVE), this EROTICA style is really edgy, lots of sheared layers, and really changes the shape of your face with all it's height. Canimal's Sunshine make-up in the Essence Line, Grace Tone, is really striking, a very dramatic eye, which I love. Bedroom Lashes by Cake, and [Detour]'s Delta Eyes in Hazel round out the essentials. The look has a decidedly modern Gothic feel to it, I really like how this look came together.

Shopping Details:
Top, Skirt – M * A * ii * K * I, Poof Skirt & Black (Alt) – Top, Collar, & Poof Only)
Leggings - M * A * ii * K * I, Long Leggings(Black) from Stapless & Patent Green Set
Shoes – Lya, Nichelle Pumps (Black)[Gift from Lyanis Sin]
Purse – Bastchild Designs, Goth Chainmail Purse
Arm Straps – E! Eclectic Accessories, Studded Arm Straps (R) Black [Review Copy]
Bracelets – WRONG, Spike Bands (Black)
Earrings – Diamonde., Jagged Earrings (Black)
Lip Ring – Red Ruin, Lip Ring
Ring – Caroline’s, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair – (JUNWAVE), EROTICA_BLACK_L
Skin – Canimal, Essence of (Grace)… Sunshine
Lashes – Cake, Bedroom Lashes
Eyes – [Detour], Delta Eyes

No comments: