Monday, March 31, 2008

Punk Chic

If you could only have one flavour of Ice Cream for the rest of your life, no matter how much you loved that flavour, after a while... it would just be the same. Think of all the other flavours you would be missing out on! If you only explore one avenue of fashion, one narrow definition of style, then you are similarly missing out. In RL, this is harder to achieve, most definitely, but in SL™, the ability to completely change your look in literally seconds, is too delicious to pass up!

I loved piecing this punk look together, it is grungy, edgy, and over the top, but too much fun! Without a doubt, the best part of this look is this fabulous hair from Digit Darkes. The NATURALe Defiance Glitter Punk hair is just so big and show-offy! Some punky make-up from Celestial Studio also makes this look work, love the pewter coloured lips.

The Sheer Top from WRONG!, complete with the Sobriety Bra underneath is a little risque for me, but looks really at home with this look. I used the sheer gloves from another Sheer Top, one from Little Rebel, and I liked the contrast of sheer layers. When going punk, the best pants I have found are from Jinx Paz, I have several pairs, and love these Anarchy Pants with the belt as part of the texture. I threw in some great stockings from Dutch Touch, and although you can only see a bit of them between pants and boots, I love socks from Dutch Touch in general.

Accessories Galore... starting with a Brow piercing, and the Uma Nose Stud from Tickled Pink. I adore these Lightening Earrings from Magika, they are really well done and very punk rock. I like to throw in a little silly in every look if I can, and this Legohead Choker from Pushbutton Industries is just so fun. I also really dig this Caution Tape Belt from The Syndicate, and I can't wait for them to re-open so I can check out the NEWS. No punk look would be complete without a great pair of Docs, and by far my favorites are from Beckenbauer Productions, they just look so close to the real thing. Now if you will pardon me, I need to go find the Sex Pistols tribute band in-world... there is one right?



Look Of The Day [Mar.14/08] 2

Look Of The Day [Mar.14/08] 1

Eyes – Sh*t Happens, Dark Greend
Hair – Digit Darkes, NATURALe – defiance (Glitter Punk)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Blue - Vapor)
Earrings – Magika, Lightening Earrings
Belt – Jemca Arizona, Caution Tape Belt [by {The Syndicate}, Re-Opening Soon]
Necklace – Pushbutton Industries, PBI Legohead Choker
Brow – ITF, Brow Dual Ball [No SLurl Found]
Lip – Red Ruin, Lip Ring
Nose – Tickled Pink, Uma Nose Stud
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Pants – Jinx Paz @ Le Cimetiere, Anarchy Pants
Boots – Beckenbauer Productions, Women’s Oi! 16 Eye Docs
Top – WRONG!, Sheer Top (Colourable), with Sobriety Bra
Gloves – Little Rebel, from Sheer Top & Gloves
Stockings - DUTCH TOUCH, Soks – Fishnet Stockings (Holes & Socks Flower)

No comments: