Monday, June 8, 2009

Love At First Sight [Ivalde/L'Abel Day Post 1/4]

~~Ivalde~~ & -L’Abel- Blogging Challenge Day [June 8/09] 5

When trying to decide how to tell my story of my love for Neferia Abel and her work, I decided I needed to start at the beginning, with the very first gown I purchased. According to my inventory, I purchased this in March of 2007, and I must say I had never seen anything like ~~Ivalde~~ when I first set eyes on the shop.

I was busy working at PIN UPS nightclub, then only two months in business, and we were looking for vendors for the upper gallery of the club. As always seems to be the case, it was my sister Anessa who grabbed me the moment I logged that day saying, "You have to come here and see this store, OMG you won't believe these clothes, all vintage!". I jumped on her TP and discovered myself in the midst of a large wooden shop, with huge panels covered in vendors, on a Norweigan SIM with a fishing village outside the door. I think the next twenty minutes were a blur, as I purchased at least ten outfits that day. But I remember my first, as most women do, and it is still so very special to me. This is the Janette Orchid Dress by then brand ~~Embla~~.

~~Ivalde~~ & -L’Abel- Blogging Challenge Day [June 8/09] 6

Within the week, Anessa had managed to get Nef to take a spot in our club, and so began a love affair that involved a lot of me shopping while DJing as my tips rolled in (I kid you not). When I really first met and spoke to Neferia, there was a joy and mutual respect instantly, a common love of fashion and things from the past. She is a most astonishing woman, and I have said to her more then once, "Do you sleep?". This dress holds a particularly special place in my heart, as I wore it on one of my first dates with Draco, when we went to Phat Cats and danced the night away, this is also the exact Celestial Studios skin and ETD hair that I wore that night. The Lya shoes and the stunning *KessKreations* jewelry are new, but looks perfect with this dress. A girl never forgets her first true love.

Shopping Details:
Gown - ~~Embla~~ (Now IVALDE), Janette Orchid Dress [Purchased March 2007]
Shoes - Lya, Nichelle Pumps (Pearl)
Jewelry Set - *KessKreations*, AnnMarie White Pearl Jewelry Set
Hair - ETD, Couture Collection, The Unique (Maroon)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Earth 4)
Lashes - MMS (Now LeLutka), Thora Lashes
Eyes - Miriel, Standard Eyes - Sunlit Tree

1 comment:

Kesseret Steeplechase said...

oh Ketsy, I love this post. You look so gorgeous and thank you, always, for wearing my stuff and pairing it with such beautiful clothes and taking the time to take gorgeous pictures. *love*