Monday, June 8, 2009

If You Want To Be Happy For The Rest Of Your Life... [Ivalde/L'Abel Day Post 2/4]

~~Ivalde~~ & -L’Abel- Blogging Challenge Day [June 8/09] 7

What is ~~Ivalde~~ the brand best known for? Capturing Vintage and Retro looks and making them appealing, fun, and oh so feminine. I knew I wanted to blog at least one of my hundreds of ~~Ivalde~~ retro looks today, and so I decided that the one that best captured Neferia's attention to detail was the Kassandra Blue Dress. It includes the adorable rubber gloves and the apron. This dress makes me smile for so many reasons, not all entirely innocent. I wore it to a "Dysfunctional Family Dinner" event at PIN UPS, I wore the blue dress alone for a date night on Retrology with Draco, and I did one of my first Photo Shoots for my own pleasure with this look, doing a "50s' Demo Kitchen" look. That was before I even started blogging. I even wore just the apron and gloves with heels to make some very sexy pictures for Draco's birthday that year.

~~Ivalde~~ & -L’Abel- Blogging Challenge Day [June 8/09] 8

I love Nef's attention to detail, going so far as to make colour and fabric choices that suit the era of the design, combining both hand painted and photo-sourced elements seamlessly, and always making it almost impossible to choose any outfit in just ONE colour. I decided to go Stepford Wife and added in this fabulous feather duster from BLONDE, stockings from 1-800-Bettie's, and shoes from Maitreya. Jewelry includes the perfect pearl necklace from Decollage, and opal earrings from (Yummy). Skin is from Celestial Studios and hair is from Retro-rific Ingenue.

So, as the Jimmy Soul song says "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife, Go for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you". Well, I think there are going to be a lot of unhappy husbands, because any woman wearing ~~Ivalde~~ is simply beautiful. Thanks Nef, for making my retro dreams come true.

Shopping Details:
Dress - ~~Ivalde~~, Kassandra Blue Dress [Includes Apron & Gloves]
Stockings - 1-800-Bettie's, Stocking By Bettie's (Taupe)
Shoes - Maitreya, Antie's Enchants (Black)
Necklace - Decollage, Bubblegum Pearls [Tintable]
Earrings - (Yummy), Opal Studs [from Opals & Pearls Set]
Duster - BLONDE, Feather Duster [Spring Launch Preview Gift]
Hair - Ingenue, Lamour (Blue Black)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Skin (Tone 20, Blue-Sea)
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)
Lashes - MMS (Now LeLutka), Thora Lashes

No comments: