Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tiptoe Through The Tulips

Look Of The Day  [March 28/09] 1

This time of year is a favorite, second only to Autumn. Spring brings sunshine, but cool breezes and longer evening before it gets dark. I feel like I can get more done, whether I can or not, it is a nice feeling. I love watching tulips push up through the earth in my mother's amazing gardens. I used to order bulbs and deliver them to her in unmarked paper bags, so that their colourful flowers would be a surprise. Although many are eaten by squirrels, rabbits, and as of late, groundhogs, that run around my parents backyard, the ones that survive the winter make for a magical burst of fresh colour. Sometimes, a fresh spring day calls for an equally fresh coloured dress. This adorable Polka Love dress by Betty Doyle of Ingenue is just such a frock. I really love the crisp turned up shoulder detail, and the skirt is a whirl of perfectly textured panels. It reminds me of the lovely tulips currently making their show-stopping display.

Look Of The Day  [March 28/09] 3

I went light on the accessories, taking into account the details on the shoulder and the hair accessory. Starting with a lovely basic pearl strand with an interesting front clasp detail, the Vixie White Pearl Necklace by *KessKreations* is really spectacular as a basic pearl strand. Kesseret Steeplechase always gives me the quality I look for in her work, it is flawless. I found the perfect match for the dress in the colour variations of the Stiletto Moody Pinup Patent Pump. I really love the shape of this shoe, and the colour change version is so very versatile. An adorable Ari Handbag from {Cherry} in a great graphic print means that you can pair it up with so many more outfits. The fresh white accents make it perfect for spring.

Look Of The Day  [March 28/09] 2

This lovely Portia hair from Philotic Energy is a really lovely and fresh up-do, and the floral accent is perfection. The red Hibiscus flower is perfectly sculpted. This style is perfect for a formal or summer fresh look. Another lovely fresh faced skin from -AnaLu-'s *InRainbows* line of modified skins, I am almost wearing them exclusively lately, I think it is mostly the shape of the lips that has my heart. MMS (now LeLutka) Thora Lashes and Big Hazel Eyes are from Miriel.

Shopping Details:
Dress - Ingenue, Polka Love (Melon)
Shoes - Stiletto Moody, Pinup (Patent Color Set)
Bag - {Cherry}, The Ari Handbag (Candy Florals, Snowball)
Necklace - *KessKreations*, Vixie White Pearl Necklace
Hair - PE, Portia (Charcoal)
Skin - -AnaLu-, *InRainbows* NAT 13 .brownish.
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)
Lashes - MMS now LeLutka, Thora Lashes

2 comments:

Maia Seminario said...

I just wanted to share, I found the most amazing jewelery at Eolande' s Hair Accessories and Jewelery. You must take a look and they also have great customer service. Thanks.

Kesseret Steeplechase said...

I love May as a time of year too. It's not too hot but also it's not too cool, it's very mild and that dress fits perfectly.

Thank you for showing off the Vixie, you always wear my stuff beautifully!

Love,
Kess