Sunday, May 10, 2009

Good Mother

Look Of The Day  [March 7/09] 1

Though she really doesn't understand my online interests or the way I live my life, I can honestly say that I have a Good Mother, not just good, great. She has always been there for me, been genuinely proud of my accomplishments, and believes that I have something to offer the world. She is generous, she is a beautiful grandparent to my nieces and nephew, and she makes me want to be a better person. This look really wouldn't be one my mother would understand, but I love bright colours and quirky details, so I decided to blog it today, because being who I am is part of the gifts my mother gave me growing up. When Canimal Zephyr sent me the adorable Circus Treats dress, I was thrilled, they are striped fun, with two bright colours in combination. I chose the orange and yellow version for this look, pairing it with a pair of simple Yellow opaque tights from ~~Ivalde~~.

Look Of The Day  [March 7/09] 2

With a tiny mini-dress, there is lots of room to accessorize, and I started with these amazing Death Dolly Goth Mary Jane Pumps from Unique Needs. I carried the studded black leather look to a simple arm band from WRONG on one wrist, while piling on some stacked Orange bangles from *PERSONA* on the right wrist. The fabulous Butterfly Necklace from *i-Candy* is everything fresh and Spring and hopeful, a sweet touch on an otherwise dramatic goth princess look. Simple Stud Earrings from Sian Birke are great as a wardrobe staple, since the stones are color change. Though I rarely wear them, I love tattoos, and these faded half sleeves from AITUI Tattoo are really fabulous looking.

Look Of The Day  [March 7/09] 3

This adorable wig is from /artilleri/, and Antonia Marat makes some of my favorite hair, the Dayna is simply sweet with a touch of edge, just the way I like it. When I go for an edgier look, the skins I choose are always my Canimal Essence Skins, this one is perfect for this look, and perfectly named "Sunshine". The Canimal Essence Flamenco Trash Lashes, here in Red, are the perfect compliment to the skin. My eyes are, as always, favorites from Miriel.

Happy Mother's Day to those of you celebrating today. You are the world to your children, and you are the heart and soul of society. The song on my mind today is a favorite, Good Mother by Jann Arden, a fellow Canadian.

Shopping Details:
Dress - Canimal, Circus Treats (Orange/Yellow) [Review Copy]
Tights - ~~Ivalde~~, Tights Collection, Yellow
Shoes - Unique Needs, *UN!* Death Dolly Goth Mary Jane Pumps
Necklace - *i-Candy* now KaWaii Jelly, Butterfly Necklace (Orange)
Bangles - *PERSONA*, Bangles Pack - Oranges (Right)
Earrings - Sian Birke Jewelry, Stud Earrings
Wrist Band - WRONG, Spike Band (Black, Left)
Tattoos - AITUI Tattoo, Shooting Stars (Colored) *Half Sleeves Faded*
Hair - /artilleri/, Dayna V2 *Blacks*
Skin - Canimal, Essence (Grace)... of Sunshine
Lashes - Canimal, Essence... Lashes (Flamenco Trash - Red)
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

No comments: