Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Om Shanti Om

Look Of The Day  [May 18/09] 1

There is little doubt about my absolute favorite event to DJ at PIN UPS, it is the Bollywood Night Event. We had one recently, and I get so excited just getting dressed for the event, I have to try to contain myself. I almost always wear a new costume for each event, with my inventory now filling up with all manner of Saree, Salwar Kameez, Cholie and Lengha, Dupatta, and Bangles. This time, I was doubly lucky, as the day before the event, both Maitreya and Zaara: and new co-release, including this exquisite wig by Maitreya, called Amber, which worked perfectly with some of the hair jewelry I already owned from Zaara:, including in the Suvarna Set, here in White. The hair is parted particularly smoothly, which lets the forehead gems show off to best effect, and also works with the nose piercing, the necklace, bangles, and anklets. This is a good time to remind all of you that Zaara: is having a big sale right now, so get there before June 1st to take advantage of the sale prices, I may just see you there!

Look Of The Day  [May 18/09] 2

The costume is also from Zaara:, it is an absolutely stunning Choli and Lengha, in a Nude, almost gold, colour. The Frawla set comes with two versions of the top, on short and one longer version. The longer version that I am wearing has the deliciously sexy ties in up the back, it is just amazingly well textured, and wearing it feels so much like stepping into the leading role of a Bollywood film. The skirt is lovely layers of silks and lace, I adore Zaara:'s handpainted details. The wrap around the upper arms is part prim and part system layer, entirely ingenious, so it really feels like it is wrapping the body and move beautifully when dancing. I need to purchase some new Henna, but this set was on hand, a gift from the Halloween "Ghost Busters" Hunt from Sari's, the Aubergine Henna, it is a nice compliment to this lovely skin tone. I am also wearing a Pearl Ring from Caroline's Jewelry.

Look Of The Day  [May 18/09] 3

The skin was another free gift, received many months ago via the Bianca F. Subscribe-O-Matic Group. The QS Skin, in the appropriately named Darjeeling skin tone, is by Rachel Delgado, and I own several of her skins. Hazel Eyes are by Miriel, and Thora Lashes are from MMS (now LeLutka).

I will be heading over to the Zaara: sale shortly, in search of more amazing costumes and accessories to wear to future Bollywood Night Events. I always play a cool mix of Bollywood hits, modern Hindi and Punjabi tunes, some Bhangra remixes, and other surprises that get the crowd going. It always makes me giddy hearing the music, dancing, and sharing my love of Indian culture with friends old and new. All the hot kids put your hands up and sing Om Shanti Om! Hope to see you there!

Shopping Details:
Costume - Zarra:, Frawla (Nude)
Jewelry - Zaara:, Suvarna Set (White)
Ring - Caroline's Jewelry, Pearl Ring
Tattoo - Sari's, Aubergine Henna (Hands & Feet)[Grid Wide Ghost Hunt]
Hair - Maitreya, Amber: Blacks Pack (Pitch)
Skin - QS Skin, Darjeeling - Acceso (additional make-up, Freebie)[Past Group Gift from Bianca F.]
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)
Lashes - MMS (now LeLutka), Thora Lashes

1 comment:

Nikkita Auerbauch said...

Dang I'm bummed I missed that! But I'm singing along with ya now. "All the hot girls put your hands up and say 'Om Shanti Om!' All the cool boys come on make some noise and say 'Om Shanti Om!'"