Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big Yellow Taxi

Look Of The Day [October 27/08] 1

Although I had this look ready ahead of time, and was planning on calling this post "Big Yellow Taxi" in any case, it seems to me that the current Open Space Sim Bait & Switch tactic in Phil's Place going on, it is even more relevant.

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot SPOT
Don’t it always seem to go
That you don't know what you’ve got
‘Til it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot.

~ Joni Mitchell

I feel for those who were using there Open Sim under the, albeit vague, terms set forth by Phil's place, and am worried we are about to lose a lot of beautiful places, quiet retreats, and art spaces for yet more overcrowded ugly places in-world. Time will tell, but it seems wrong to punish the many for the crimes of a few, if in-fact there were those who were abusing the "Light" use terms.

Look Of The Day [October 27/08] 3

This look started with this jacket I picked up at Trix' or Treats during the recent Grid Wide Ghost Busters Hunt, it wasn't the free gift, but when I saw it I had to have it. The Yellow Retro Hoodie with optional Black Shirt beneath it is bold and bright and really makes me happy. I paired it up with a great pair of Soft Black Leather Pants from IBIZARRE, a place I discovered for the first time this week, and love the soft sheen of them, really a great pair of classic pants. I love my EnvYou Strapped Chucks, own them in every colour, but this may be the first time I have worn the Yellow. Love this Caution Tape Belt from [THE SYNDICATE], it's got great visual impact. One of the first purses I ever purchased is this adorable 8 Ball Bag from /artilleri/.

Look Of The Day [October 27/08] 2

When Canimal Zephyr passed me this adorable Deadly Lullaby Necklace, I was thrilled. Not only is is super cute, but it also has amazing scripting and you can customize the details, like bows and pendant colours, to make it work so many ways. I pulled on a cute bracelet from ::MEZZO::, they have great inexpensive sweet jewelry. I love these great ~MAGIKA~ Lightening Earrings, which are multi set, and with a little linked part editing are a great look. Also wearing my Caroline's Jewelry Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring.

Another great Hair Fair find is this Mia Koda wig from Hair Solutions. I really am enjoying re-discovering what I purchased during that lag infested spending spree, particularly from the shops I bought from and learned of for the first time. A favorite Celestial Studios skin, great eyes from **[Riddle]**, and lashes from Cake complete the essentials. I am sad watching the Open Space Sim issue hurt so many, I hope those at the "Licken Labs" get a clue before it's too late.

Shopping Details:
Jacket - Trix' or Treats [TT], Yellow Retro Hoodie, Black Shirt
Pants - IBIZZARE, Soft Black Leather Pants
Shoes - EnvYou, Strapped Chucks (Yellow)
Belt - [THE SYNDICATE], Caution Tape Belt
Bag - /artilleri/, 8 Ball Bag
Necklace - Canimal, Deadly Lullaby Necklace [Review Copy]
Bracelet - ::MEZZO::, Bangle Dots Black/Red
Ring - Caroline's Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Earrings - ~MAGIKA~, Lightning Earrings
Hair - Hair Solutions [HS], Mia Koda - White Rice [Hair Fair]
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 10, Purple - Orchid)
Lashes - Cake, Separated Lashes
Eyes - ** [Riddle] **, Realistic Brights (Brown)

No comments: