Saturday, July 19, 2008

M*A*ii*K*I My Day!

Look Of The Day [July 15/08] 1

When news came of a collaboration between Maitreya creator Onyx LeShelle and DUTCH TOUCH creator Iki Ikarus, most fasionistas were practically foaming at the mouth to get a look, and with good reason. Two incredibly talented content creators producing a line together is the stuff pixelated dreams are made of. When the M*A*ii*K*I line was released, it did not disappoint, but the feeds were flooded with it's brilliance, so I decided to wait to wear my favorite piece. This amazing Strapless Outfit in Patent Green sucked me in as if it were a vacuum, all I saw was mu favorite colour, and I had to have it. What makes it so brilliant is not simply the style, but the execution, the layers are used brilliantly, the skirt comes in a sculpted prim version (I am wearing) and a system layer too. The system skirt glitch still plagues me, so I was thrilled. It is really well made, and it fits the form beautifully, I didn't even have to wear my skirt shape to fit it, and no worrisome breaks when walking. The leggings, also included, use undies or pants layer, and then part of the sock layer to make them deliciously long, and the prim crinkles around the ankle are really a nice detail. Best of all, this perfect sculpted belt in this great Lime Green colour, but the set also includes a Black version. It also comes with a Collar (not worn) and can be worn so many different ways. Worth every LaLa in terms of wear-ability and options. Definitely check out the rest of the great offerings from M*A*ii*K*I, and you will be just as floored by the creative power of this dynamic duo.

I went with simple accessories here, a pair of Gem Jelly Donut Bangles from ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~ that I script touched to match with Peridot Stones and a Black Base. A nicely textured sculpted Velour Clutch from Muism works well here, and a chunky set of Bubblegum Pearls from Decollage that are tinted to match the belt balances out the look a bit. I pulled on a pair of Tesla's Leather Stiletto Vixens in a Classic Green colour. I am also sporting my engagement ring, the Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring from Caroline's Jewelry, which I love to wear, especially since tomorrow marks 17 months with my partner Draco.

Look Of The Day [July 15/08] 2

*TRUTH* released some new hair this week, and this Phoenix style was a have to have for me, it is really cute, and has a scripted bow with several colour options, in this case I could not have hand tinted a more perfect green for this look. The skin is my all-time ME skin, from Celestial Studios Charmed Line, it is called Earth 4, and I love the green shadow and the neutral lip. Separated Lashes are from Cake, and Big Hazel Eyes are from Miriel.

Shopping Details:
Outfit – M*A*ii*K*I, Strapless: Patent Green (Dress, Belt, Leggings)
Shoes – Tesla, Vixen_II Classic *Green* Stiletto
Bag - Muism, Clutch_Balck Velour (R Hand)
Necklace – Decollage, Bublegums Pearls, Tintable (Tinted Acid Green)
Bracelets - ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~, Gem Jelly Donut Bangle Set (Silver)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair – *TRUTH*, Phoenix [Noir] (Black)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Earth 4)
Lashes – Cake, Separated Lashes
Eyes – Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

No comments: