Saturday, February 9, 2008

Wings & Pretty Things

"Winged Wonders" is one of those events that everyone loves. The very thought of possessing wings, the freedom, the beauty, and yes... the scripted prim heavy SIM crashing joy of it all! By far, some of the best wings in Second Life come from "Material Squirrel". Theirs' were the very first I purchased, and I still go there whenever I want something new. This pair of wings, called 'Jinx' were actually the first I ever bought, and are still my favorites, I love the lacey looking edges, the way they fan out and move. When we had this event recently, as we do perhaps once a month, I knew I wanted to revisit these wings, and wondered how I would wear them this time. They have matches equally well with a Gothic or Rocker look. But then I remembered something that I had in my closet that was so perfect, I was almost giddy.

On a recent shopping trip to "Adam N Eve" I ran into Sachi Vixen while looking for a gown for a "Lord of The Rings" Costume I was piecing together. She was so sweet, chatty, helpful, encouraging me to take advantage of their "Buy One Get One Free" sale, and I assured her I would because "They don't call me the Second Life Fashion Addict for nothing". Sachi asked if I had a blog, to which I responded that I did, and before I could even say another word she dropped this incredible gown on me. That was before my Blog was syndicated, and I had never received anything from a designer before. I felt awkward, I thanked her, and I moved on. When I got back to my loft and tried it on, I was amazed. This gown is perfection, I had not seen it on the walls of the store, had I, it would have been a definite YES! But I noted the lovely pierced lace around the bodice and something clicked... My Wings! They look as though they were meant to be worn together, and so I was a Fairy Princess that night, and the wings turn out not to be so "Jinxed" after all.

Wings & Pretty Things [Feb.05/08]

Lashes – Celestial Studios, Prim Lashes (Club 13)
Eyes – Miriel, Hazel (Big)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skins (Tone 20, Purple - Sunset)
Hair – ETD, Eva II, (White Blackened)
Gown – Adam N Eve by Sachi Vixen, Dernier Cri (Black) [Gift from Sachi]
Bangle – Frangipani Designs , Black Pearl & Silver Cuff
Necklace –Love Lace, Dark Pearl Strand
Shoes – Maitreya, Slinky Stilettos (Black)
Wings – Material Squirrel, Jinx Wings 4.0

2 comments:

Kala Bijoux said...

Thank you for saying nice things about our wings! The Jinx wings look very cool with your outfit!

Jen Shikami said...

Wow, synchronicity -- is "Winged Wonders" a wing-themed fair? I'm trying to organize such a fair right now! A friend pointed this post out to me.

Great wing review, the outfit looks great, and of course Kala the wings are awesome. :D

-=- Jen Shikami