Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Golden Rule...

One thing I must say about my Blog, now that I am aware I have been picked up in the "Fashion Planet - World of SL" Syndicate, is that everything I wear, I purchase or have gotten as a group gift or freebie. Other then that, I do have a few items I have modeled for some friends, like Pin Upshaw's "PIN UP Dolls Boutique" and Eloria LeShelle's "Battered Boudoir". I do not solicit "freebies" and I must say that the whole point of this Blog is to document my personal "Addiction" for SL Fashion. My taste is Eclectic, I like to 'Mix & Match' and 'Switch Things Up'. And yes... I spend A LOT of Lindens, all earned by DJing In-World or purchased from LL.
I feel somewhat awkward accepting gifts of clothing from designers, so I wanted to say officially, that while I am willing to accept these items, I do not feel obligated to wear or Blog these items, the whole point of my Blog is that I wear what I like, how I like, and I don't want to feel like I am mis-representing my personal style by wearing something I would never have purchased on my own. I also am not a critic, I do not make a habit of picking apart items and suggesting that one designer's work is better than anothers, I think all SL Fashion is Art. Art in SL, is like art in RL, you may like it, you may not like it, but you don't have to put up a Picasso in your home just because it is a Picasso if it is not your personal taste.
Having said that, I am friends with Neferia Abel of "~Ivalde~", and after she heard that I recently was going through a personal emotional and physical health crisis, Nef reached out to me with words of kindness, and being an increadibly generous person, sent me several of her new items. One of those items was this divine 'Susie' Dress. It was one of my first days back in SL after taking nearly a week off, and my husband Draco was DJing a "Precious Metals" event, so metallic coloured clothing was in order. I simply typed "Gold" into my inventory search, and up came this gown, so I threw it on. Can I just say WOW! Nef, and most of you who have seen my previous Blog Entry "What's In My Closet - The Look Of ~Ivalde~" know I purchase pretty much everthing she releases, I am a true fan! I know that had I been out in SL the previous week, and shopping, I would have purchased this dress for myself. It is slinky, sexy and the ruching is devine! Out came my favorite "Armidi" Vidalia Pumps, some Bubblegum Pearls from "Decollage" and some more of my "ETD" Hair (bought at the recent sale), and I was feeling like my old self again. Sometimes clothes, like friendship, can transform us - Body, Spirit, & Soul.

Precious Metals [Jan.30/08]

Eyes – Miriel, Hazel (Big)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skins (Tone 20, Red - Diva)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Hair – ETD, Jasmine (Black)
Gown - ~Ivalde~, Susie Dress (Gold)
Shoes – Armidi Gisaci, Vidalia Pump (Metallic Glitz)
Necklace – Decollage, Bubblegum Pearls (Tinted)
Bracelet – Industrielle, SP, White Pearl Bracelet
Lashes – Celestial Studios, Prim Lashes (Club 13)

No comments: