Friday, February 29, 2008

Going For The Gold

When an event rolls around that calls for a specific Colour, in this case "Yellow", I always start by doing a search on that colour... I type "Yellow" and let er' rip! So when this dress by "Heart Cupcakes" came up, I decided it would be perfect. More of a gold then a yellow, but that is just fine with me. I loved the crinkled look to the fabric, and I must say, that whenever I stop in to "Heart Cupcakes" I never walk out with less than 3 dresses. They just have the most adorable baby doll dresses in SL. Seeing the darker almost 'Ochre' colour in the folds of the skirt, I opted for these yummy "=CREAMSHOP=" Tights in 'Mustard', and I think the match really warms up the look.

I have this rule, that when there are details like a one-shoulder dress or collar, I don't like to muddle it up with a necklace, so I opted for these great bangles from "Bonita's", and I love the detailed textures in these bangles, and they come in like a zillion colour combinations so you can really find pieces that work well with your wardrobe. This hair from "Celestial Studios", called 'Whitney' is one of my favorite, I love a long style that has some volume yet is really sleek, and I love that you can change the colour of the headbands to match whatever you are wearing. Again, I think I found the perfect shoe in the "Sylfie's" that I have had for eons, yet they are non-scultpie, but I think they really work well in this look. I think that there is so much focus on sculptie shoes lately, that we forget that there are some really dynamic and creative non-sculpties out there to be had.

Look Of The Day [Feb.25/08] 2

Look Of The Day [Feb.25/08] 1

Eyes – Celestial Studios, Optics, Natural Series (Hazel)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skins (Tone 20, Purple, Orchid)
Hair – Celestial Studios, (CS) Hair (Whitney, White)
Lashes – Celestial Studios, Prim Lashes (Classic 10)
Dress – Heart Cupcakes, One Shoulder Yellow Dress
Bracelets – Bonita Popinjay’s Jewelry, Browns & Pearls Bracelet 4, #4
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Tights – =CREAMSHOP=, Plain Tights (Mustard)
Shoes – Sylfie’s Prim Seductions, SM Alure Stiletto (Gold/Tangerine)

No comments: