Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Little Less Conversation

Every four weeks, we have a "That 70s Event" party at PIN UPS. I spin some Retro Disco and 70s Rock and we all have a blast, it's just fun to listen to "YMCA" and "The Hustle" and not have to pretend you hate it. It is pure fun, and I love getting my Retro looks together. Yesterday, I decided it was time to pull out the Disco Diva... and was so looking forward to wearing this look from "BARE@ROSE Tokyo". I was thrilled when they released it a couple months ago, and one of the main reasons I love to tell people to shop there, is because the prices are insanely low, the outfits are detailed nicely, and that often you get many colour options in one pack. This look called the "Disco Star" came in 4 colours in one box, and since they were transfer, I passed on outfits to a couple of the PIN UPS GIRLS. I loved this brilliant yellow one the minute I put it on, and so it was the "Keeper" for me.

I felt great the minute I put this look on, but needed the perfect shoes to match the sheer volume of the Bell Bottom pants. I remembered checking out the On Your Toes blog this week, and my RL sister had reviewed these great 'Daphne' Shoes from "SIN". I literally TPd down to the Retrology Location in my bare feet to grab them... they are perfection for this look! The 70s' were all about BIG Hair, so I always put this Curly Hair from "Nylon Outfitters" on if I can work it. A little cute from "Rave Nation" in the form of this 'Guitar Necklace' and I swear I was channeling Elvis! I could feel my hips start to wiggle!

Look Of The Day [Feb.19/08] 2

Look Of The Day [Feb.19/08] 1

Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skins (Tone 20, Blue - Evening)
Lashes – Celestial Studios, Prim Lashes (Club 13)
Hair – Nylon Outfitters, Crazy Curls Hair & Bangs
Outfit – BareRose Tokyo of Tokyo, Disco Star (Yellow)
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green
Shoes – SIN by Lyanis Sin, Daphne Shoes (Black)
Necklace – Rave Nation, Rockstar Guitar Necklace

No comments: