Sunday, February 17, 2008

Anchors Away Me Mates!

As you have all noticed by now, I make multiple posts to my blog on most days. This is not because I sit around my loft thinking up outfits for the sole purpose of blogging them. I usually have one outfit I piece together and wear as a "Look Of The Day", for shopping or visiting friends, and then as the Events get started at my club, PIN UPS, I have to change into Event Specific Costumes. So yes, I actually do wear these looks, for at least a few hours, and I am usually logged solidly (barring crashes) for about 10 hours a day, sometimes more... g-d help me!

Yesterday we had one of our classic events, the "Anchors Away" Party... and that's when we all get Nauti, er, Nautical. I have worn this look before for the same event, but had never blogged it, but since it is one of my favorites, and features a complete look from one of my favorite designers in SL, I thought it was time to give it a moment in the Sun. The Bikini Top, Skirt, Tattoos, and even this fabulous Sculptie Hat all come in a set called 'Nautical Waste' from "Winter Moon". It is PIN UP Fabulous! I love the fullness of the skirt, and if you look close at the hat, you can see that they carefully textured it to mirror the logo into the Patent Leather Brim. I love details like that. The Tats are a bonus, and are placed so you can see them, but come in undershirt layer in case they are not your thing, so you can leave them out. I decided to wear some Fishnets with it, these from "Celestial Studios" 'LuLu' Line which come in a pack of three colours on tone, so I selected the Gray Pack to get the black pair too, Fishnets are a tricky business in SL, the system elements play havoc when you go from foot to leg, and often cause a weird stretch effect, but I think these are well done in order to compensate for that problem. And yes, my 'ChiChi' shoes from "Maitreya" come in handy once again, as I own them in Black and White. I know they will be put to good use with all the Rim Colour Options. I can never do sexy looks without a little kitsch, so these fab Retro Eyeglasses from "/artilleri/" really funk up this look!

Anchors Away [Feb.16/08] 2

Anchors Away [Feb.16/08] 1

Eyes – Karamia, Hazel Eyes
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skin (Tone 20, Red - Diva)
Hair – Magika Hair, Classy (White)
Glasses - /artilleri/, Rhinestone Retro (Black)
Costume – Winter Moon, Nautical Waste (Includes Bra Top, Skirt, Hat, Tattoos)
Piercing – Tickled Pink, Uma Nose Stud
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Stockings – Celestial Studios, LuLu Socks – OTK- Fishnets – Grays (Black)
Shoes – Maitreya, ChiChi Pumps, White (Rim Touch Script to Black)

1 comment:

Arbel Vogel said...

You are too awesome, thank you for the post. Dare I say you do look fabulous in that?