Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sundays Are For The Birds

This past Sunday, I didn't feel like getting all dolled up, I wanted to dress for the day, and I wanted a look that felt genuinely Sunday. You know, casual, no over-thinking, and the kind of thing you would wear out with your best friends for Pizza and a Movie. "Fashionably Dead" has a lot of stuff that I think falls nicely into this category, I love hand-painted looks, and these are some of the best around. This Boat Neck top is casual but still stylish. A pair of comfy jeans like these from "Fangipani Designs" helped me stick with the 'Grayscale' look I was going for. Throw on a great pair of boots, and some Casual Hair from "ETD" and the look is almost complete.

One thing that drives me nuts in SL, is the common faux pas of 'Over Accessorizing'. There are times, like for special events, high fashion looks, or kitschy outfits where it is fun to go nutty with some fun accessories. But, just because you can wear things on a zillion attachment points, doesn't mean you should. Sometimes, when you wear something like these stacked bangles from "Bebe", they are more then a statement and you don't need to pile on necklaces and earrings and all sorts of other neat do-dads. I mean really gals (& guys), if you were running out to grab a bite with the gang, would you spend an hour choosing the right earrings to match your necklace that matches you bracelets... well you get the point. So as this was a casual look, I kept it simple opting for something I felt I would actually wear in RL. Sometime keeping it simple says so much more about your fashion sensibilities. Yay for Sundays!

Look Of The Day [Feb.17/08] 2

Look Of The Day [Feb.17/08] 1

Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skins (Tone 20, Pink – Sugar)
Eyes – Miriel, Hazel (Big)
Lashes – Celestial Studios, Prim Lashes (Classic 10)
Hair – ETD, Naomi (White Blackened)
Piercing – Tickled Pink, Uma Nose Stud
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Top – Fashionably Dead, Bird Boat Neck
Jeans – Frangipani Designs, Entourage Snowdrop (Black)
Boots – Frangipani Designs, Vixen Boots (Black Widow) [Foot Part Only]
Bracelets – Bebe, Sazerac Black Bangles

2 comments:

Heidi Volare said...

I love the shirt, but can't for the life of me find it! Your linky isn't working. Please help! Thanks.

Ketsy said...

Sorry Heidi, it might be an old link to the Tableu Sim, but that is where Fashionably Dead (fd) has their shop, it's hard to find your way around the NEW Tableu, but try going through the main TP Point and then checking out the Houses on the main street, they are in multi-item vendors with those arrow clicky things on either side, so you may have to do a lot of clicking to find it. IM Me in-world if you still can't find it and I can help you out... ~ Kets