Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Married To The Mob

One of the first 'Vintage' Design Houses that I found in SL was "1-800-Bettie's", and even though that was well over a year ago, Fey Fuller and Jacqueline Boehm still offer some of the best. They have some very classic fashions, and lets face it, when you do Retro in SL, it never really goes out of style. You are re-creating the past, and that is an era frozen in time, the looks are classic. I own several dresses and suits from "1-800-Bettie's", and I seem to be throwing on their stockings every time I want a nice seamed stocking look. I know Draco has at least two of their men's suits, and they are really well done. While new releases from the gals are few and far between, I think that they are often overlooked as one of the best Retro Fashion Go-To Places in SL. When we opened the Retrology SIM, we knew it would not be complete without "1-800-Bettie's".

Recently, we had a "Married to the Mob" Event at PIN UPS, and it is the one event where we can have some classic Retro fun, getting out the Tommy Guns, the Flapper looks, the Capone Era gangster looks, and so it was time for me to be a 1940s 'Mob Doll'. This 'Day Suit' is Era perfect, and so are the fabulous stocking and shoes, all from "1-800-Bettie's". The hair is the delightful 'Torch Song' from "Ingenue", and I loved another opportunity to wear this 'Another Fundraiser' Skin from Betty Doyle. I wore my chunky Princess Cut Diamond Engagement ring from 'Caroline's Jewelry', and threw on some classy Black Pearl earrings from "Paper Couture", and I was ready to go "On The Run" with my man Bugsy!

Married To The Mob [Feb.21/08] 2

Married To The Mob [Feb.21/08] 1

Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green
Skin – Ingenue, Another Fundraiser Retro Doll (Blonde Brow)[Not Available in Store]
Hair – Ingenue, The Torch Song (Platinum)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Suit – 1-800-Bettie’s, 1940 Day Suit (Red, Black Collar & Cuffs)
Earrings – Paper Couture, Black Pearl Set, Vintage Black Earring
Stockings – 1-800-Bettie’s, Stockings by Betties (Taupe)
Shoes - 1-800-Bettie’s, Slingback Buckled Pumps by Betties (Black)

1 comment:

Harper Ganesvoort said...

Now that is nice. I'm not normally one for Forties fashion, at least until the coming of Dior and the New Look; but this isn't bad at all.