Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sienna Dreams

Being in Subscribe-O-Matic groups can be great, it can also be a pain in the butt if the owners spam you daily for the most mundane details, but luckily, being part of the Diversity Hair and Digit Darkes Subscribe-O-Matic Group isn't like that. For instance, I got the call that one of Aleri Darkes newest Dresses was marked down to 75% off for a limited time, and being a girl who buys pretty much everything I wear, and eventually blog, I need to count my pennies...er...lindens. So off I went to see what dress was on sale. When I first saw this dress, the 'Inka Dress', I wasn't sure it was something I would have necessarily chosen for myself on any other day, it came in four awesome colours, but only one of the four was marked down, and it was this lovely 'Sienna Brown'. Now normally, I don't gravitate towards brown, and it would not have been my first choice perhaps, but for 100L I figured... what the Hay!

When a "Best in Brown" Event rolled around this week, I decided to finally un-box this baby and get a good look at it, and I must say, the ads in the shop did not do it justice.. it is WOW! I love the Feather details on the bodice, the amazingly well textured babydoll skirt prim, and the metallic details around the bodice are magnetic, the textures look like they are alive and moving! No necklace required with the dress detail, and hair up to show off some shoulders, all I needed was a Bangle on my wrist and this one from "Bonita's" seemed like a match made in heave to me. This time of year a girl needs to cover her gams, so these yummy chocolate brown tights from "CREAMSHOP" fit the bill. The very first prim shoes I discovered in SL where those by Sylfie Minogue of "Sylfie's Prim Seductions", yes I luckily escaped the blingy pink platform stage we all dread, and I have so many of her shoes in inventory is is almost a crime. In the days before the sculptie shoe, I really think Sylfie's were among the very best available, and so when looking for a shoe to match this look I was delighted to find this pair to look fresh and new and as delightfully Couture as the dress was, they really didn't look dated to me at all, and the shape is still a lovely prim stiletto. Something old, something new, something dreams are made of!

Sienna Dreams [Feb.12/08]

Eyes – Miriel, Hazel (Big)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skins (Tone 20, Gloss - Mauve)
Hair – ETD, Vivian (Black)
Lashes – Celestial Studios, Prim Lashes (Club 13)
Bracelet – Bonita Popinjay’s Jewelry, Browns & Pearls Bracelet 4, #4
Dress – *AD* by Aleri Darkes, Inka Dress (Sienna)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Tights – =CREAMSHOP=, Plain Tights Set (Brown)
Heels – SM, Sylfie’s Prim Seductions by Sylfie Minogue, Dangerous (Copper/Black Stiletto)

1 comment:

Luna Jubilee said...

This has to be the best outfit I have seen - from the chunky bracelets to the cute flirty dress (which I have to now get!)... uber fun and shows off the dress perfectly!!