Saturday, February 9, 2008

Blame It On The Bossa Nova

Sometimes, a girl just wants to step back in time. When we have our weekly Era events at the club, it is my opportunity to travel through eras, and I love that all my favorite Retro Designers have their shops right at my doorstep on Retrology. This sharp looking dress, from the amazing "bossa nova" was just begging to have out of my closet, so the "50s Sock Hop" gave me a chance to put it on display. I love that it comes with the lovely gloves and feather hat too. When I need period perfect Retro hair, "Ingenue" is the place to go, and Betty Doyle never lets me down, her styles are so bang on! I love this 'Grable II' Up-do... and the hat looked perfect with it. Another appearance of the new "=DeLa*=" pumps, this time in a yummy Vanilla, and I think I would have looked sharp enough for lunch at the Plaza circa 1952.

Look Of The Day [Feb.05/08]

Lashes – Celestial Studios, Prim Lashes (Classic 10)
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skins (Tone 20, Earth 4)
Hair – Ingenue, The Grable II (Silvery White)
Necklace, Earrings – Bebe, Veraneo Set (Green White)
Dress, Hat, Gloves – bossa nova, Norma Dress (Moss)
Shoes - =DeLa*=, Pumps “Helia” (Vanilla)
Hose – 1-800-Bettie’s, Stocking By Bettie’s (Taupe)

No comments: