Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Who's A Rockstar?

Look Of The Day [July 19/08] 1

There are a very few places on the grid that put great separates together to give you one brilliant look that you want to wear as is. I buy a lot of combo looks, but usually pull them apart and mix them up, or I buy things separately and put my own spin on them. The one place that always seems to hit the mark for me is amerie's Naughty. I hadn't been in ages, and decided to check it out last week on a whim. I am so glad I did! This amazing Plastic Punker outfit is precisely the sort of look I find irresistible. It is funky, unique, and so cool. I love the jacket, it is simple amazing, with the feathered fur looking sleeves and tail, and the open front. It could work with a number of other looks too, but I liked the stripped tank that came with it, and it is really interesting with the red smeared hand print looking tattoo. The plaid shorts are punky and I love the laced detail on the one side. amerie's Naughty always combines system layers and prim work so well. The outfit came with a leg warmer too, but I opted not to wear them, simply because I prefer fishnets with a rocker look. These are some of the great Over The Knee Fishnets from Celestial Studios Lulu line. The Grays pack comes with three pair, including the Black I am wearing. Lulu is a great place to go if you are looking for coloured items, since the store is arranged by colour family and the socks all come in three packs of fabulous.

I wanted to pile on some chunky showy accessories, and pulled in this [Armidi Gisaci] Niama Necklace is this blackened Gunmetal tone. I love these (CREAMSHOP) Skull Rhinestone Earrings, they are a little bit Rock N' Roll a little bit pirate, and a lot a bit cute. I am also wearing the KaNdy Kitty Mod Love Ring, which is super sweet and really huge. I am always on the look for great big right handed rings, so if anyone has any hot shop tips, hit me up. The boots are the hunky Chunky Ribbon Boots from (Shiny Things), a great investment with the Colour Change Ribbons that you can tint with the click of a mouse on the Hud, there are dozens of colour choices, and you can tint each boot separately if you wish.

Look Of The Day [July 19/08] 2

The Dare wig was one I picked up a few releases back from Diversity Hair, it's a great combinations of height, curls, and really worked well with this Rockstar look I have going. Skin is another great one from [RockBerry], I am loving these Stage 4 Skins, I can't believe how great they are priced. Worth a look for sure, I mean, where else can you get 6 make-ups for $800LaLas! The [RockBerry] Skins are also available OnRez. Lases are the schmexy Flamenco Trash Purple Essence Lashes from Canimal, Eyes are from Miriel.

Shopping Details:
Outfit - *aN* amerie’s Naughty, Plastic Punker (Jacket, Shirt/Tattoo, Shorts)
Socks – (CS) Lulu Socks, OTK – Fishnets-Grays (Black)
Boots – (Shiny Things), Chunky Ribbon Boots (Black)
Necklace – [Armidi Gisaci], Niama Necklace – Gunmetal
Earrings – (CREAMSHOP), Skull Rhinestone Earring Set
Ring – KaNdy Kitty, Mod Love Ring
Hair – Diversity Hair, Dare (Black)
Skin - [RockBerry], Stage 4 Face D Light
Lashes – Canimal, Essence Lashes (Flamenco Trash, Purple)
Eyes – Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

No comments: