Monday, July 14, 2008

Light In The Layers...

Look Of The Day [July 9/2008] 1

Who says layering is all about the Cold Weather, I think you can go light on the layers and still get a great summer look. I started with these great shorts, part of the Uma Outfit from Emery. They come on all possible layers, which is the key here. I wore the shorts on the pant layer, and the upper part of the short on the shirt layer. It's easy to find a great tank-top on the undershirt layer, and for me, one of the best purchases I have made is the fatpack of Zee Tank Tops from /artilleri/. The come on all layers, which means that that jacket layer was available for a little more layering. I pulled in a great slim Sweater Shrug from Celestial Studios LaLa Line, this one is beige, but as it is mod, I have been able to work it in a lot of great ways by tinting it. I tinted it up pink in this case so I could work with two colours in my look. I grabbed up some Maitreya Sculpted Socks in Cornflower Blue, and tinted the blue tank top from /artilleri/ for a more perfect match.

I pulled in the Pink in these amazing Starley Pumps from ETD, I love the rounded shape of them, and the colours and prints available are so great. I also brought in some great accessories I picked up at [VG Republic]. These Gold Resin Bangles are Colour Change, and the Pink was a perfect match to the shoes. There are several Options in the Box, so you can have a different Bangle on each arm, something I really prefer. Also from [VG Republic] is this Resin and Chain Link Necklace, which is similarly scripted to colour change, and jewelry with options like this always goes so much farther in your wardrobe. Similarly, my favorite purse, maybe of all time is from the one time Tete a Pied, now Fleur Skins. The Heiress Handbag is touch scripted so you can literally click and choose from a range of options to work into your look. This hot pink is really a great colour.

Look Of The Day [July 9/2008] 2

Hair here is another favorite from ETD, the longer Jasmine style is not too long, and has a really nice edgy look too it that prevents it from being too hoochie. Skin is from Celestial Studios Charmed Line, a Glossy Mauve Lip is really nice, and the shadow is lovely. Love Lashes are favorites from [Detour], and eyes are the very expressive Doll Eyes in Mystical from Naughty Designs.

Shopping Details:
Shorts – Emery, from Uma Outfit
Tank - /artilleri/, Zee Tank Top! (Light Blue, Tinted)
Shrug - Celestial Studios, ~*LaLa, Sweater Shrug (Beige, Tinted Pink)
Socks – Maitreya, Sculpted Socks (Cornflower Blue)
Shoes – ETD, ETD Shoes – Starley Pumps (Pink)
Necklace – [VG Republic], Resin & Chain Link Necklace w/ Color Change
Bracelets – [VG Republic], Gold/Resin Bangles, Color Change
Bag – *TaP* now Fleur Skins, Heiress Handbag [Now Fleur Skins]
Ring – Caroline’s, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Hair – ETD, Jasmine (Black)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Skins (Tone 20, Gloss – Mauve)
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes – Naughty Designs, ND Lost. Doll Eyes (Mystical)

1 comment:

LaLa FooFoo said...

The sweater shrug in your photo is actually made by me Larue Laval of ~*LaLa FooFoo. Starley Thereian of Celestial Studios is kind enough to let me display some of my items in her store. I also have 2 of my own stores, my main store in Celestial City around the corner from Celestial Studios, and my second one in Tropical Escape at the HoH mall. Nevertheless, I'm glad you like it and thank you for blogging me!:)