Monday, October 20, 2008

Urban Sprawl

Look Of The Day [October 130/08] 1

I love a great coat, living in the Great White North, I have many in my RL closets, and in-world, I collect them like postage stamps. For some reason, many are plaid, not at all an easy pattern to work with on the mesh templates and prims, but when it is done well, it has a brilliant impact. This *Thimbles* The Angel of Your Plaid Nightmares Coat in Blackish is really a winner, coming in several colour versions, it is a great one for layering, with lots of options. I think my favorite part of all is the collar though, I love the height of it, and it is a really nice sculpt. I paired it with some newness from *Sprawl*, Pushbutton Skolnick's new line, which I greedily snapped up upon preview release. I love Pushbutton's work, it is always great value, fits my grungier style well, and it always has all the layer options you could ever want. This great Plain Therms top in White is an essential, with the great glove pieces that extend from under the jacket, it is really a perfect basic layering piece. Pants are also from *Sprawl*, The Treble pant in Ash has a nice baggy cuff, and works nicely over a boot base.

Look Of The Day [October 130/08] 2

Boots are from ETD Shoes, the Buckled Calf Boot in Black is one of the oldest prim boots in my inventory, and is still a favorite, and recently Elika released a new sculpted version in dozens of great colours. The bag is one I nabbed at Cachet recently, The Jayden Bag in Earth is a nice warm tones sculpted bag, I can never seem to get enough purses. I added on a similarly warm toned necklace from *PERSONA*, one of Myllie Writer's newer releases, the Polished Stone Sets Tiger Eye Necklace in the Bronze Setting. This is the shorter version, and works nicely with the collar of the coat. I added on a nice Natural Gold Bead Ring from Caroline's Jewelry to complete the accessories for this look.

Look Of The Day [October 130/08] 3

I have always adored hair from Maitreya, the styles are really unique, the textures beautiful, and of course they have an amazing white shade, my hands-down favorite. This amazing Nahla style was one I happened upon at the Hair Fair this year, and I didn't even try the demo before snapping it up, I think the long ponytail is fantastic, and the loose front frames the face so nicely, another winner from Maitreya. A favorite Canimal skin, some [Detour] Lashes, and eyes from Freak Fantasia round out the essentials. This look is perfect for the cooler fall weather, exploring the hunts all around the grid, and taking in a hunted house or two.

Shopping Details:
Jacket – *Thimbles*, The Angel of Your Plaid Nightmares Coat (Blackish)
Shirt - *Sprawl*, Plain Therms (White)
Pants - *Sprawl*, The Treble (Ash)
Boots – ETD Shoes, Buckled Calf Boots (Black)
Bag – Cachet, Jayden Bag (Earth)
Necklace - *PERSONA*, Polished Stone Sets – Tiger Eye (Short Necklace/Bronze) [Review Copy]
Ring – (Caroline’s), Natural Gold Bead Ring
Hair – Maitreya, Nahla (White) [Hair Fair]
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Poison
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes