Thursday, October 9, 2008

Maverick Librarian

Look Of The Day [October 8/08] 3

Draco loves it when I wear glasses in-world, I have no idea why, I don't wear them in RL at all. I have a hunch it might be something to do with a secretary or librarian look, but I can't be sure. I always forget to wear them and it's usually because I am so stuck on lashes, which usually have the same attachment point. I own pretty much every fat-pack of glasses from Antonia Marat's /artilleri/, by far my favorites for style, colour selection, and price point. The Paula Glasses, here in Black, are really retro-chic, and look almost identical to a pair my grandmother wore when I was a little girl. Diving into my new hair folder, I came across this -Hiccup- wig. When I bought it, I never looked at the name, but noticing it looked very much like a certain Vice Presidential Candidate's style, I was laughing hysterically when I realized it was called Foreign Policy = Hockey Fights. Skin is Celestial Studios Charmed in Rubies, I adore the lip colour on this skin, and Glassy Mustard Green Eyes are from Freak Fantasia.

Look Of The Day [October 8/08] 1

I was working on one of my Postcards From Retrology shoots yesterday, and decided to do one from "Savvy?", still forthcoming. But I have always had my eye on this Dear Stephanie outfit. It is really classic, includes the blouse, waistcoat, knee length pant and stockings. I decided to pair it with these fabulous boots from Jaywalk that Lyra Muse sent me months back in a fat-pack. The Kit boot is really neat, and comes in some great colours, each with two buckle colour options. I went with the Grey Boot with Black Buckles here, they matched the outfit perfectly.

Look Of The Day [October 8/08] 2

I wear this Decollage Bubblegum Pearls necklace so often, it is tintable, and I love the size of the beads, really fun and chunky. The Pearl Bauble Flower Ring was another Jewelry Expo find from (Caroline's), and it comes in a set with this Black version as well as two other tones. I love the size of it, and it works really well paired with the Decollage necklace. I asked Draco if I looked sexy int his outfit, he said "absolutely", I then asked if I looked like Sarah Palin, to which he responded, "she is not sexy". I love my man!

Shopping Details:
Blouse, Waistcoat, Pants, Socks – “Savvy?”, Dear Stephanie
Boots – Jaywalk, Kit (Grey, Black Straps) [Review Copy]
Belt – Refuge: Motive Belt (Stitched)
Glasses - /artilleri/, Paula Glasses *black*
Necklace – Decollage, Bubblegum Pearls (Tinted)
Ring - (Caroline's), Pearl Bauble Flower Rings (Black) [Jewelry Expo]
Hair - -Hiccup-, Foreign Policy = Hockey Fights (Black)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Rubies)
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes