Monday, September 29, 2008

Simply Elated!

Look Of The Day [September 27/08] 1

I love shopping on my own doorstep, so whenever a new vendor joins the Retrology community, I gleefully skip into their shops to see what goodies I can add to my jam packed closets. When Kellie Iwish's (Elate!) joined the SIM last week, it was another case of "Where have you been all my SLife?" The first thing I picked up was this adorable Raeva Dress, which comes in several colour variations. I love red and black together, and the fine red seams on this minidress are just so well placed. I also really love the lace panels tucked into the bodice, it adds a little bit of sexy, mimicking a glimpse of lingerie. I love a little more coverage with a cute minidress, and with cooler weather settling in, these sweet Boudoir Legs in a Red Opaque style are just the ticket. **Battered Boudoir** provides some of the best hosiery to be had in-world, with several options of opacity and derniers, low-rise versions are also available for tummy baring short or skirts.

Look Of The Day [September 27/08] 2

I am clearly as addicted to accessorizing as I am to the clothing I wear, and I always love finding the perfect pieces to work with an outfit. I have these very practical rules about necklaces, for instance, I never wear a necklace with a gown that has a high neckline, and I never clutter up a detailed cuff with bangles. So there is a method to my madness. In this case, the slightly street goth look I was going for made the choice of this Red Ruin Black Gothic Lolita Necklace a natural pick. I really wear this *UnTone* Black Heart Bracelet quite a bit, it adds interest without being too fussy. A low neckline and exposed ears make for an opportunity to wear a dangle earring, and I think these -EARTHTONES- Circle Earrings with Crystal Teardrops get a lot of mileage with the scripted crystals that can be colour changed to coordinate with pretty much anything. The bag was another great find from [Pink Outfitters], the Ribbon Tote is so cute, and it comes in some really nice bold colours, I love kitschy details, and the magazines, bottled water, and yes, that's a banana peeking out from inside, make me feel like I can power shop to my hearts content. Great opaque hose let you have a little fun with footwear, and these adorable Sassy wedges from Maitreya really work well here, with the bows at the ankles, and the peep toe, they make for a playful match to the dress. Caroline's Jewelry is the place to nab this great big Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring, the most often worn item in my inventory.

Look Of The Day [September 27/08] 3

I love two-toned hair, and some of the best available hands-down is from Here Comes Trouble. This Luna style is another winner, with height, flexi long strands, and a punky fresh look. These Exclusive two-toned wigs are on the whole fabulous, and I am busy collecting them all. One of my favorite skins from Celestial Studios is this amazing Infrared Make-up in the Charmed Line. It is pretty dramatic, yet not over-the-top, and I wear it with slightly more Gothic looks. Separated Lashes are from Cake, and Decollage provides these great Hazel Eyes that contrast so well with the red eye-shadow. To put it simply, I am elated with all my new finds from Retrology's newest vendors, and will be visiting their mainstores very soon.

Shopping Details:
Dress – (Elate!), Raeva
Stocking - **Battered Boudoir**, Boudoir Legs, Opaque (Red)[Review Copy]
Shoes – Maitreya, Sassy (Mixed Black)
Bag – [Pink Outfitters], Ribbon Tote (Black)
Bracelet - *UnTone*, Black Heart Bracelet
Necklace – Red Ruin, Black Gothic Lolita Necklace
Earrings - -EARTHTONES-, Circles Earrings w/ Teardrops (Black/Multi)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Necklace
Hair - :HCT:, Luna – Exclusive Pack 1 (Big, et2p – 1 Black)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Infrared)
Lashes – Cake, Separated Lashes
Eyes – Decollage, Hazel Eyes