Monday, September 8, 2008

Grey is The New Black

Look Of The Day [September 5/08] 1

I have been meaning to take a look at some of the wonderful things being sent to me by friends and as review packs from the amazing content creators who send me their new items. Lyra Muse of Jaywalk frequently sends me shoes and now her new clothing line, and it was time I had a good look. So glad I did, as this amazing Delora Corset Shirt is just the kind of thing I love. It is a jacket layer top, with a great slimming grey corset, and the upper blouse part is available in a number of great colours, all with a tie collar, really classy. While each shirt comes with a co-ordinating collar, I decided to use the one from the Grey set with this Mint version. While skimming this months Vogue magazine, I hit upon an article proclaiming Grey the new 'Black'. With that in mind, I dove into another great pack of fabulous from *PERSONA*'s Myllie Writer, these amazing Barb Plaid Pants in Charcoal, I love a great dress pant, something polished and clean, and classic. The combination of prints here, the delicate pinstripe of the corset, matched with the fine plaid of the slacks work really well together.

Look Of The Day [September 5/08] 2

Shoes were another gift sent to me by Lyanis Sin, her new Lya Nichelle Pumps, which I have showcased before, are some of my favorites. I adore the suede texture, the almost opalescent quality of the textures, and the entire fatpack is well worth the LaLas. All the colours are similarly delicious, I love this soft green Emerald pair, and the suede is the perfect look for the upcoming fall season. I had seen this [gisele] handbag blogged before on the feeds, and I am terrible for not writing down who brought it to my attention, I am so glad they did. The Maman bag comes in a two colour pack, this is the Ecru version, each version coming with two possible hold positions. The copper colour accents are lovely. I pulled in some simple Sculpted Sugar Copper Gem Bangles from ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~, using the script to set the gems to Onyx. Sweetie Pye tells me she has some great new pieces due out soon, and I can't wait to see what is coming for fall. This amazing Rommy Ring came in a review pack from Burroughs, it had so many items in it I wasn't even sure I could look at them all, but I am glad I pulled this ring out, it is completely scripted, with colour change pearl, metal, and a resizer script. I set to to the coppery coloured metal to match the rest of the accessories, and it is a perfect compliment to this look. I am anxious to see what else Burroughs has to offer. Earrings are from -EARTHTONES-, I adore these Circles Earrings with Teardrops, as the crystal can be changes to dozens of colour options to match any look.

Look Of The Day [September 5/08] 3

A polished look calls for a polished coif, this one from The Abyss, whose hair is remarkably low prim and really stylish. The asymmetrical Aeon Bob is lovely, I particularly like the texturing at the nape of the neck, where it looks like a natural hairline. Another favorite Celestial Studios skin from the Charmed Line, this is the soft Orchid make-up, which is really pretty with the stunning Big Hazel Eyes from Miriel. Separated Lashes are from Cake. If grey is indeed the new 'Black' this season, I am over the moon, grey works so beautifully with almost any colour, and is flattering on pretty much everyone, as well as a slimming and classic wardrobe staple.

Shopping Details:
Blouse – Jaywalk:, Delora Corset Shirt (Mint, Neckpiece from Grey Set) [Review Copy]
Pants - *PERSONA*, Barb Plaid Pants (Charcoal) [Review Copy]
Shoes – Lya, Nichelle Pumps (Emerald) [Review Copy]
Bag – [gisele], Maman Ecru (Side)
Earrings - -EARTHTONES-, Circles Earring w/ Teardrops (Black/Multi)
Bracelets - ~*FBG*~, Sculpted Sugar Copper Gem Bangles
Ring – Burroughs, Rommy Ring [Review Copy]
Hair – The Abyss, Aeon (Smoke)
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Orchid)
Lashes – Cake, Separated Lashes
Eyes – Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

1 comment:

Arabesque said...

Great reminder - I tend to forget about Lyra so I will had over today to refresh my memory. Thanks so much!