Thursday, September 4, 2008

Layering Up For The Fall

Look Of The Day [September 1/08] 1

It is getting cooler, the weather in Toronto is starting to turn to fall, and the days are getting shorter. This past week, Draco was out of town and without access to Internet or Phone for most of it, and I was feeling the upcoming fall season a little early, it's funny how the absence of a loved one can make you feel cold. I decided it was time to start layering up, I prefer cold weather looks and layers, I think it is the combination of system elements that can make a really individual look. I started this one off with a great new pair of jeans from Liberte, these Blue Fashion Jeans are a nice dark colour, a nice basic pair. I adore my t-shirts from Pushbutton Industries, particularly because they come with all possible layer options, tucked and un-tucked. This one, from a set called Old Fruit Tees, actually comes with several shirt designs in one pack, this one is called Fifi. I loved the green set, but there are several colour sets available. I covered up with this great Knit Bomber Jacket from *Winter Moon*, a really great piece, and it comes with a zipped or un-zipped version, so you can show more or less of what is beneath it. On the week-end, my sister Anessa teleported me in to a Fashion Show she was participating in, and one of the designers showcased was Sweetest Good-bye. Previously unknown to me, I stopped to look at some of the vendors set up at the show, and immediately grabbed this amazing scarf, simply named Candy in Ivory, it came with two versions, and is scripted to texture change with a click. A really cool accessory to have, versatility and scripting make it even more fabulous. I also nabbed this great Tote Bag while at the fashion show, a freebie, but I am not sure if it available as such in store or not, definitely worth a look, the clothes from Sweetest Good-bye are right up my alley style wise. Comfortable, cool, a bit street, and lots of fun.

Look Of The Day [September 1/08] 2

I love kitsch and cute little accent accessories, and had my eye on this adorable Oggie Doll from Chicanery for a long time. During the CSR event, as I was making my rounds, I finally made him mine. It made me feel better to cuddle this well-loved looking fellow while missing my man. The boots are a great pair of Buckle Boots from ETD Shoes, I chose the Moss colour naturally, I simply cannot resist green, but what makes them really special to me is the fact that some of the first prim boots I owned were this same Buckle Boot. The difference now is that Elika has created a sculpted version, and the colour selection is fantastic. The earrings are a no-brainer for me, my standby favorites from Drifting Sands, the Tunnel Multi Set Ear Piercings are a great mixed set of piercings. Also wearing my Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring from Caroline's Jewelry.

Look Of The Day [September 1/08] 3

Another great Hair Fair find is this fabulous Katie style from ~Tickled Pink~. Surfing the lag with my friend Trixi, we both fell in love with it, she picked up the pink version, naturally, and it really looks great on everyone I have seen it on. Skin is another from the Canimal Essence Line, this make-up is the great smokey-eyed Roses make-up. I think what I like best about these skins is that I have not found anything even remotely similar looking in my travels, they have a really unique look, as do most of the offering from Canimal, they really side-step the photoreal model skin look, which doesn't suit my face as well for some reason. Love Lashes from [Detour], and Hazel Eyes from Celestial Studios Natural Series complete the Essentials. I am ready to embrace the colder weather, ready to get back to layering up.

Shopping Details:
Jacket - *WM*, Winter Moon, Knit Bomber Jacket (Open)
T-Shirt - *PBI*, Old Fruit Tees, Morning (The Fifi, Tucked)
Jeans – Liberte, Fashion Jeans (Blue)
Scarf - Sweetest Good-bye, Candy – Ivory (Mixed)
Boots – ETD Shoes, Buckle Boots (Moss)
Bag - Sweetest Good-bye, Tote Bag [Fashion Show Gift]
Doll – Chicanery, Oggie Doll
Earrings – Drifting Sands, Tunnel Multi Set Ear Piercing
Ring – Caroline’s, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair - ~Tickled Pink~, Katie, Spectral Collection (Tickled Moonbeam)
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Roses
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes – Celestial Studios, (CS) Optics, Natural Series (Hazel)

No comments: