Saturday, September 6, 2008

Passion Fruit

Look Of The Day [September 2/08] 1

I have developed a passion for discovering the ingenious ways content creators are using sculpted prims. What started out as a default apple shape, has become everything imaginable, from furniture and build elements, to hair and accessories. When I see something that uses sculpted prims in new and creative ways, I simply am in awe. A few weeks back, when Quinlan Quimby released some new shoes and passed them to my sister Anessa, along with some new clothes, Anessa mentioned that I would love this gorgeous dress, so Quinlan sent it my way. I didn't have time to check it out right away, but I have always adored the offerings from TOSL (Tree and Ocean SL) and knew that the first chance I got, I wanted to take a look. This *Punk Princess* Dress in Royal Rose is almost everything but punk, it is a stunning party dress, and the way sculpties are used to wrap the torso in a corset like manner is really creative. The bodice is like a fan of ruffles, the skirt a gauze like poof of bubbles. The texturing is lovely, and this particular colour is delicious, like passion fruit straight from the tree.

Look Of The Day [September 2/08] 2

A party dress needs party shoes, and these Stiletto Moody Pinup Pumps are my newest addiction. This is the Patent Color Set, which is scripted to change to over a dozen colours, and the metal accents can be changed or removed, making them incredibly versatile. Something about the shape is equal parts retro and modern. I can never resist a little kitsch, and when I spotted this adorable Toy Bear Bag at =Feather= while making my CSR rounds last week, I nabbed it. A friend commented that it looks like I decapitated a Teddy Bear, it's hysterical. I received some review copies of some fabulous new gems from *Cailyn's* creator Cailyn Miller, and the colour and style of this Aisha Necklace and Earrings matched so perfectly, I couldn't resist adding them to my look. I really love the random placement of gems versus links in the necklace, really a nice touch, and the simple drop earrings are not too big to make the jewelry seem too heavy when worn as a set. I threw on two favorites from ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~, always so great with the colour change scripted options, they can be worn with anything. The Sculpted Sugar Silver Gem Bangle, worn on the right wrist with gems set to Amber, and the Gem Jelly Donut Bangle in Silver set to an Orange Base and Amber gems work well to bring out the colours of the dress. Also wearing my Caroline's Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring, as I feel practically naked without it.

Look Of The Day [September 2/08] 3

Yet another great find at the Hair Fair is this short pixie from Color Me Couture. The Rho style is clean and sleek, almost boyish, and a nice balance to the sugary feminine confection of the dress. [Detour] Love Lashes compliment Big Hazel Eyes from Miriel. This skin is from PXL, and I am choosing to side-step the public debate on this item, as no DMCA has been filed and I don't want to act as judge and jury without due legal process. Hart Larsson IMd me last week to tell me that he had not been give notice of DMCA, and assured me the work was all his, today's "Final Word" from Laqroki adds still more confusion to the issue. But I had taken these pictures several days ago, before the issue was drawn out publicly again, so I am opting to go ahead with this post. I do like this PXL Crys skin, particularly the lovely full Raspberry Lips on this version. I hope the matter is resolved either by legal process or common agreement on the facts sometime soon. Neither party is benefiting from this ongoing dispute.

Shopping Details:
Dress – TOSL, *Punk Princess* Dress V. 1.4 (Royal Rose) [Review Copy]
Shoes – Stiletto Moody, Pinup (Patent Color Set, Orange 2) [Review Copy]
Purse - =Feather=, Mini-bag (Toy Bear Bag)
Earrings - *Cailyn’s*, Aisha Earrings [Review Copy]
Necklace - *Cailyn’s*, Aisha Necklace [Review Copy]
Bracelet - ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~, Sculpted Sugar Silver Gem Bangle (Right)
Bangle - ~*Fresh Baked Goods*~, Gem Jelly Donut Bangle, Silver (Left)
Ring – Caroline’s, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair - *CMC* Color Me Couture, Rho (Black) [Hair Fair]
Skin – PXL, Crys_CatEyes_RaspberryLips_BlackEB [Review Copy]
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes – Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

No comments: