Friday, September 19, 2008

Seeking Refuge

Look Of The Day [September 18/08] 2

It seems that the season of hats is upon us. Most of my posts this week have included great hats, which is perfectly fine with me, as the fall season is so much more my speed. This great wig/hat combination from Refuge is another winner I picked up at the Hair Fair. Refuge hair is another new discovery for me. What can I say, this Alex hair is cute, the hat is really funky, adorned with cool buttons, and better yet it's texture/colour change so that you can make it match your look with one click. Hair like this basically dictates the kind of look you want to wear with it, in this case a little bit of sweetened grunge. Whenever I am working a look with a bit of street cred, I gravitate towards my Canimal skins. This is the Essence of Ether skin with some awesome purple smokey shadow is a great start, and I paired it with a dramatic pair of Flamenco Trash Lashes in Purple, also from Canimal. A great pairing, these lashes in particular are really great, I have them in several colours and they are the fastest way to change the look of a skin. Eyes are my first real set, purchased about twenty months ago and still favorites. The Freak Fantasia Glassy Mustard Green Eyes have a lovely watery gloss shine to them.

Look Of The Day [September 18/08] 1

I love pairing pink and grey, and with a camoflage event at PIN UPS, I was going with greyscale camouflage, so set the hat colour to pink. I have had these /artilleri/ Camo Girlie pants for eons, I like the baggy look and the length of them. I pulled on a Gray Camo Bra from ETD Clothes, part of a set, and though not a perfect match, close enough. I also brought in a great Charcoal Cowl Sweater from Little Rebel. I love this sweater when layering, it is sexy with the deep cowl, and works easily with a bra or camisole under it. The sweater can be worn with a more casual look, like this one, but also can be worn with a great pair of dressy slacks for a more classy look. Clothes that can do double duty are so much more fun and a real value asset in a wardrobe.

Look Of The Day [September 18/08] 3

These great MK Fashion Super Sneaks Platform Hi-Hi Tops, are long time favorites. The are big and chunky, and are scripted to colour change.
Whenever I wear them, people ask for the landmark, they are just a great option and work really well with capris or short skirts. Using them to echo the pink in the hat here is a really fun option. The White Stripey Skull Bag from WRONG adds a little more interest, it comes in a bunch of colours, and is really an inexpensive indulgence. I can never have enough bags. I pulled on the must-have /artilleri/ Pyramid Studs Belt, still my favorite belt of all time, I wear it endlessly for it's grunge and rockabilly appeal. Some simple Black Jelly Bracelets from [Od] work well here, and overall stay with the casual mood on this look. Now I am off, to seek out refuge, to see what else they have to offer, I am entirely intrigued.

Shopping Details:
Sweater – Little Rebel, Charcoal Cowl Sweater
Bra – ETD Clothes, Camo Bra from Camo Bra 7 Cargo Capris Set (Gray)
Pants - /artilleri/, Camo Girlie BW
Sneakers – MK Fashion, Super sneaks Platform Hi-Hi Tops v1.1b
Bag – WRONG, White Stripey Skull Bag
Belt - /artilleri/, Pyramid Stud Belt
Bracelets – [Od], Jelly Bracelets (Black)
Hair/Hat – Refuge, Alex (White) [Hair Fair]
Skin - Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Ether
Lashes – Canimal, Essence Lashes (Flamenco Trash, Purple)
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes