Thursday, September 18, 2008

Green & White Socialite

Look Of The Day [September 16/08] 1

Colour Events at PIN UPS give me the opportunity to dive into my inventory and search by colour, something I only do on these occasions. I am always surprised to find things that I had long forgotten, or new items I have yet to wear. On Tuesday night, DJ Azu gave us a great party, and the theme was "The White Party". I hit search and came up with this amazing new Dita Knit Blouse sweater from *PERSONA*, a copy sent to me by the amazing Myllie Writer. This is a great item, the sculpted cowl (for lack of a better word) is really well placed, and really works well when dancing or moving. The texturing on the sweater is also nicely done, and is particularly evident on this White version, though it comes in about 10 gorgeous colour options, the perfect sweater to wear as the cool fall weather descends on us. I also rediscovered these great Trouble Jeans in White, a great pair of Pants from (Pixeldolls), the texturing in grey is very similar to the sweater, and so they work well with it. I am not certain these are still available as they are from old stock that was largely discontinued, but (Pixeldolls) is an amazing shop, and if you are not a member of the Subscribe-O-Matic group, I urge you to join, the free gifts tumble in faster then I can wear them.

Look Of The Day [September 16/08] 3

I also hit on these sexy Stiletto Moody Foxy Slingback in Litchi White, that Stiletto sent to me for a Vain Inc. Magazine shoot several months back. What I think is so great about these shoes is the use of gold and silver accents, which make them very wearable no matter what your accessory preferences. I pulled on a great belt to add a little interest, this Gold Chain Belt with Fur from *UnTone* actually came with black fur accents, but in an attempt to make the gold colour less vibrant, I accidentally tinted the whole belt white instead of just certain parts, so now it is white. Yes, I am a hopeless klutz on a good day, and have only recently mastered basic modify by selecting individual parts skills. On my last trip to Caroline's Jewelry, I picked up this great Dai Suki Earrings and Ring set in Gold. I love the idea of linked hearts, they are really sweet with out being too kitschy, they have a nice classic feel to them and Caroline Apollo always prices her items well within reach. I always like to pull in at least one key accent colour with a monochromatic look, and choose this *Muism* Crocodile Skin Bag. How could I resist my favorite colour after all.

Look Of The Day [September 16/08] 2

Marleen Vaughan of ..Marlys.. actually leaked this amazing new wig to me before the Hair Fair, and I kept it under wraps until it's official release. We stood on the hills of Floyd and thought up crazy names for her new wigs, but I think that this Miss Oats, Klonopin Socialite is one of the best. The hair is a big fabulous wig on it's own, the amazing sculpted fedora included, and it is touch scripted so that you can tint the hat to any of dozens of amazing colours, I choose the green to match my handbag of course. Another fabulous skin from Celestial Studios, which are classics to me, this is the Blue Evening make-up from the Charmed Line. Love Lashes from [Detour] and Glassy Mustard Green Eyes are from Freak Fantasia cap off the essentials. So this is a monochrome look with a little twist, and I would be lying if I didn't admit that from the back, it had me thinking of that very memorable backwards suit Celine Dion wore to the Oscars one year. Her music, by the way, is banned at PIN UPS, just one of the perks of being the boss.

Shopping Details:
Sweater - *PERSONA*, Dita Knit Blouse (White) [Review Copy]
Pants – (Pixeldolls) Trouble: Jeans, White Pants [? Discontinued]
Shoes – Stiletto Moody, Foxy Slingback (Litchi White) [Review Copy]
Purse – Muism, Crocodile_Skin (Green, Hand)
Belt - *UnTone*, Gold Chain Belt with FUR (Hand Tinted)
Earrings, Ring – (Caroline’s) Dai Suki Earrings & Ring in Gold
Hair/Hat - ..Marlys.., Miss Oats, Klonopin Socialite (Whipped Cream) [Gift]
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Blue – Evening)
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes