Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Look Of The Day [September 12/08] 1

So this is it, my big day, I should say "Our" big day, as I share my birthday with my RL twin sister Anessa Stine. I am not a huge fan of birthdays in general, after the age of 21, they sort of lose their charm. But this year seems to be a big one, I am turning 36. I had this whole life plan, all these things I had hoped I would accomplish by this age, but I think that the most important thing to learn is that some of the things you thought you would accomplish are not as important as the things you actually have. I have some of the most amazing friends, amazing in the way they are there for me when I need them, but also amazingly talented. I first met Trixi Palen when she was visiting PIN UPS as a regular guest, then applied to become on of out PIN UPS GIRLS. She is the kind of person you can't help but adore, she is always positive, no matter what life brings her, and she has had her share, she is everyone's cheerleader, and she is dependable and grounded. When I started my own little foray into clothing creation in-world, Trixi thought I was amazing. I encouraged her to give it a try, and in just a few short months, this brilliant girl has left me in the dust. For my birthday, Trixi decided to combine the things I love, and make something just for me. Green, sari fabrics, and love make this Sari Kets from her shop **Trixi Stix** an absolute favorite. Having something named after you is perhaps the best compliment ever. I am wearing this for my birthday post not just because it was made as a special gift, but because I genuinely love it. I can't wait to see what Trixi will come up with next, and she has only just gotten started.

Look Of The Day [September 12/08] 3

It was easy to accessorize this look, green and gold are like a match made in heaven. I started with these great Real Toe Gather Wedge Sandals in Gold from J's, trying to get some use out of them before summer officially ends. I still laugh at the four toes question, perhaps in-world our avatars have evolved to the point that the fifth toe is like a vestigial tail, some questions may never be answered. I simply adore these bangles from =DeLa*=, the Bellini Bangle in Deepforest is a lovely stack of rings, though it looks like it could be sculpted. The texturing is so well done, it almost has a crocodile skin appearance. The set comes with two version, the other is without the gold accents. I pulled in more gold with the Foscani Bag in 24K Gold from [Armidi Gisaci], a great big sculpted tote, and a great all season bag. I had been waiting for an opportunity to wear one of the amazing Zaara: Bindis, a fabulous freebie in her shop, this is the Green version, but the gift pack comes with several colours. The area between the eyebrows where the bindi is worn, is the sixth chakra, Ajna, the seat of "concealed wisdom". For followers of Tantrism, this chakra is the exit point for kundalini energy. The bindi is said to retain energy and strengthen concentration, & is said to also protect against demons or bad luck. And lets face it, they look amazing. Also wearing my Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring from Caroline's Jewelry.

Look Of The Day [September 12/08] 4

[Aden] has always been one of my favorite hair shops, and I eagerly grabbed up this great Kendra style while at the Hair Fair. Another great long style, I particularly like the way the front is sculpted around the body, instead of mostly sticking through your chest like many long styles do. This is the Canimal Essence of Roses Skin, I love the red stained lips on this skin. Splatter Eyes are from Big Booty Big Money, and Cake's Separated Lashes complete the essentials here. The perfect look for my birthday post; new things I love, my long time favorites, and something very special from my very best friend. Trixi will be releasing this Sari outfit in a few colour variation shortly, so take a look at her **Trixi Stix** shop in the Obscure Finds Flea Market on Retrology, and in the soon to be open Horst State Penn.

Shopping Details:
Outfit - **Trixi Stix**, Sari (Kets)
Shoes – J’s, Real Toe Gather Wedge Sandals (Gold)
Bag – [Armidi Gisaci], Foscani Bag (24K Gold)
Bangles - =DeLa*=, Bangle “Bellini” Deepforest-B
Ring – Caroline’s, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Bindi – Zaara:, Bindis (Freebie) – Green
Hair – [Aden], Kendra (White) [Hair Fair]
Lashes – Cake, Separated Lashes
Eyes – BBBM, Watery Eyes, Mud (Splatter)
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Roses

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you and Anessa!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!
Just wanted to say I really enjoy how you present your photos, you do a wonderful job and it makes a pleasure to read. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :)

Thank you for your passion and hard works to maintain this lovely blog. I look forward to see your new post every day! Cheers!