Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Girlz In The Hoods

Look Of The Day [September 15/08] 4

Sometimes, a look starts from the top down. This one started while exploring my Hair Fair folder, having long since forgotten what exactly I purchased. I somehow snagged this Aitui Hair in my travels, I think it was mainly because of the sweet hood with the hanging tassels, the two-toned hair, and the fact that I had no idea Aitui made hair. Clearly, I need to get out more. This Backfire style comes in His & Her Versions, and I believe the flowers on the ends of the hood are scripted to colour change. I really love two-toned hair, and so the choice was pretty easy for me, picking up this Mulatto version. The texture on the black hair are very well done, the blond is a little more rough, but most of the streaky bits are well under the hood. I felt the forehead was a little exposed, so I tacked on some ETD Right Swept Bangs. I find Elika's separate bangs so useful in so many situations, and they are a great option when you don't have time to modify a whole wig. I was going with a grungier look here, so went with the Canimal Essence of Frost Skin, which has some awesome blue make-up and blue tinted lips, while both Delta Eyes and Love Lashes are from [Detour].

Look Of The Day [September 15/08] 1

Going with the knit hood, I searched my inventory for a black knit sweater, and luckily came up with this great High Neck Long Sweater from *amerie's Naughty*. This sweater can be worn as a top layer short sweater, or you can wear the pants part and skirt piece for a mini-dress style with a pair of leggings. I love these Sam Glam Pants Scrunched Up Jeans from LeeZu Baxter. There just seems so funky and cool, and the hand painted textures on the pockets and odd stitching make them look lived in. The awesome Stripe Wool Sox come from *mia* of MiaSofia, and I loved that they are different lengths on each leg, like one is slipping down into your boot. I hate when that happens in RL, but it always does anyway, and it is so much less bothersome in-world. The socks come in a great pack with about 6 colour version, and they were hella cheap.

Look Of The Day [September 15/08] 3

With so many prims in the sweater and pants, I went with a simple bag with a little character from ::BONEFLOWER::. This Military Shoulder Bag comes in a pack with several flag versions, but I went with the Beijing version in honor of the recent Olympic Games. Great boots from Maitreya do the trick, keeping with the slouchy and scrunched theme, the Dune Boot is a must have as a sleek medium height boot that, though a very high heel, sidesteps the all too common uber-sexed look. A simply Silver banded Solitaire Ring with a colour change crystal is all the jewelry that I needed with this look. A simple look, inspired by a great tasseled hood and hair combo, a little grunge on-the-go.

Shopping Details:
Hat/Hair – Aitui – Hair, Her Backfire /Mullato/ [Hair Fair]
Bangs – ETD, Right Swept Bangs (Black)
Sweater – *aN*, High-Neck Long Sweater
Jeans – LeeZu Baxter, Sam Glam Pants Scrunched Up Jeans
Socks - *mia*, Stripe Wool Sox – 1
Boots – Maitreya, Dune Boots (Black)
Bag - ::Boneflower::, Military Shoulder Bag (Beijing)
Ring - -EARTHTONES-, Solitaire Ring (Multi/Silver – R)
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Frost
Lashes - [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes - [Detour], Delta Eyes