Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Look Of The Day [August 30/08] 3

In RL, I have the kind of thick, long, wavy hair that does not enjoy humidity. I can straighten it, put in lots of product, and 5 minutes after I walk out the door, it pretty much turns into a frizzed curly mass. This is the reason you will usually find my with my hair in a ponytail or bun, or twisted into a clip (if I can find one big enough to hold all my hair). During our recent "Rainy Days" Event at PIN UPS, it was time to pull out the Umbrellas, Rain Boots, and Trench Coats. I decided to go with what suits that rainy day, hair that curls into ringlets on the ends, and I knew I had it with this fabulous Rita hair from *Crimson + Clover*. This is literally what my hair looks like on a rainy day, I simply adore the texture here, the curls look so real, it has serious cute factor. So glad I discovered it at the Hair Fair, and what makes this style even more brilliant is the adorable hair clips which are part of the wig, and scripted so that you can wear them with the stars or without, and change the colour of each barrette individually, stars included, for endless combinations and versatility. This hair has made me put *Crimson + Clover* on my places to shop next list.

Look Of The Day [August 30/08] 1

I had been waiting to wear this Verde Lima Trenchcoat from {Gisaci} for some time, particularly because I adore this shade of green. It is fresh and fun, and I do love my bright colours. I paired it with a simple but great pair of leggings from Fashionably Dead, I have said it before but it bears repeating, they are a brilliant wardrobe staple. The ShinyShiny Magic Pants come in both pant and undies layer versions, and come with a light silvery grey base that is easily tintable to work with any colour palette you have. The were a steal and a half, low price and versatility making them must haves in my book, and one of my most worn articles of clothing. I love these RetroStars Rain Boots from Urban Bomb Unit. A gift to me from my sister Anessa, they are just too fun, and have great colours in the star decoration that I pulled out to use in the tint of the pants and the hair clips. I love that the stars motif on the boots are echoed in the hair clips. If you are going to own an umbrella in-world, the best I have found is this amazing UNbrella from (Shiny Things). I purchased the grey, and as it is mod, it can be tinted up to any colour you like. What is great about it is the scripting, with a click, the umbrella rains on the inside, so you can take the weather with you. A sweet pair of Blue Cube Earrings from .+*aya V.*+. polish off the look.

Look Of The Day [August 30/08] 2

This skin is a really great offering from Celestial Studios Charmed Line, the Gold 2 make-up. I love the glittery gold eyes, really fun and flashy, not for every-day wear, but definitely a great occasional look. Love Lashes are from [Detour], and big soft Hazel Eyes are from -Karamia-.

Shopping Details:
Coat – {Gisaci}, Lima Trenchcoat (Verde)
Pants – Fashionably Dead, (fd) ShinyShiny Magic Pants
Boots – UBU, RetroStars Rain Boots
Umbrella – (Shiny Things), Gray UNbrella (Tinted)
Earrings - .+*aya V.*+., Cube Earrings *blue
Hair – *Crimson + Clover*, Rita (Black) [Hair Fair]
Skin – Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Gold 2)
Lashes – [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes - -KM-, Hazel Eyes

No comments: