Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting It Down On Paper

Look Of The Day [November 1/08] 1

I knew that once Paper Couture released a new collection, it would be all over the feeds in minutes, and I also knew I would be there to check it out withing hours of it's release. It's the way things seem to go on the feeds, everyone wants to show off the latest and greatest, and it's great to see the clothes on avatars, it gives us a much better idea of how they look then an image on a rack. I think the new collection is far more wearable then the last, and the jewelry is spectacular. As an avid collector of purses, I await their release, hopefully soon. Last collection, I snapped up a lot of the releases, and sadly they still sit in my inventory, unworn. This time I was really careful with my selections, as money grows tight and I am more realistic about what I can actually get around to wearing. I purchased one dress, one pantsuit, and about five pieces of jewelry. I wanted items I loved, but I wanted items I could work as separates too, and the Nightingale outfit was my first choice. I love this Silk Top, a long camisole that comes as part of the set. I think the hand painted ruffle down the front is great, so I opted to wear it apart from the rest of the outfit this time.

Look Of The Day [November 1/08] 3

I knew that wearing the Silk Top alone would look to bare for this time of year, so I went looking for a Bolero, and came up with this one from Ibizarre, part of the Soroya Jumpsuit set. A really nice texture on it, and the wrap look lends itself well to a brooch closure. This (Dahlinks) Classic Diamond Studded Bow Brooch in Silver is a lovely piece, really incredibly well made, and so very like ones in my mother's jewelry box. I think the brooch is one piece of jewelry we see little of in-world, and I love finding them, they are such a versatile accessory. I wanted to wear a classic pair of slacks, and these Blaze* Highwaist Jeans in Charcoal are a great option.

Look Of The Day [November 1/08] 2

I pulled on a favorite pair of suede Nichelle Pumps in Black from Lya, absolutely love the shape of these shoes. I also pulled in a nicely textured Black Velour Clutch from *Muism*. I went with silver and black earrings from *kraftika, the No. 127 Earrings in Silver. (Caroline's) Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring is always a favorite stunner.

Hair is the new Yvette style from ETD, a nice casual up-do with exposed ears, so it works nicely with earrings. This is one of the new Mia skins from [RockBerry], I really love the full lips on these skins. Hazel Eyes are from Miriel, and Love Lashes are from [Detour].

One thing that makes Paper Couture really desirable is that they do retire styles, which is not usual in-world. Most people sell the same things year after year, season after season. It lends an air of urgency to shopping at Paper Couture, get it before it disappears. Instead of a bigger build to house all the designs from past seasons, they maintain a boutique feel, while still offering reasonably priced and imaginative high-concept collections. The clothes are like collectible pieces of art, season after season, and worth a look even if there is nothing that tickles your fancy.

Shopping Details:
Bolero Sweater - Ibizarre, from Soraya Jumpsuit (Black)
Silk Camisole - Paper Couture, from Nightengale Outfit (Silk Top)
Slacks - Blaze*, Highwaist Jeans (Charcoal)
Shoes - Lya, Nichelle Pumps (Black)
Bag - *Muism*, Clutch, Black Velour (Right Hand)
Brooch - (Dahlinks), Classic Diamond Studded Bow Broock (Silver)
Ring - (Caroline's), Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Earrings - *kraftika, No. 127 Earrings (Silver)
Hair - ETD, Yvette (Black)
Skin - [RockBerry], Mia F Light
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)
Lashes - [Detour], Love Lashes

No comments: