Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Sweater Dress Song

Look Of The Day [November 7/08] 1

One of the gems I picked up at the :bijou: preview was this simple, understated, yet elegant Refrain Knitdress in Night shades. I was really surprised to find it among the ultra-hip newness at :bijou: all set for the opening of the bijouholic SIM on the 11th of this month. A classic body skimming dress, with really nice trim details, almost a pearlized crocodile edging on the neckline and hem. I must admit I didn't even notice that detail until I had it on, but it really is a nice touch. The dress comes in several colour variations, but I felt this grey scale version had the best. With the almost pink colour of the trim, it opened the door to do something I rarely do, mix browns and greys together. I added a simple system layer belt from *Thimbles*, to add a little interest at the waist. The Mr. Belt is really great to wear over long tops or dresses, as it comes on the jacket layer and worked well here as the :bijou: dress which comes with all layer options. Some nice basic hosiery from **Battered Boudoir** smooths the transition from hem to boot.

Look Of The Day [November 7/08] 2

Unlike my sister Anessa, the shoe queen of Phil's Place, I have to save my pennies to get the footwear I love. I had been meaning to head over to Maitreya for over a week to get closer look at the new releases, but after getting this dress, I really made a point of going, and this pair of SoHo Boots in Ice Suede were the perfect compliment, the billowy suede of the upper boot is a nice contrast to the sleek skirt. I headed over to check out Kess Kreations for the first time this week, after seeing her work at the Jewelry Expo, I wanted to see more. Kess is incredibly talented in so many types of media, but when I saw this Wooden Bead Jewelry Set i though it was really something. It is scripted so that the stone change colour, making it really versatile. I am wearing the necklace and earrings, but it also comes with a great matching bracelet. I really like natural looking jewelry, something organic in a pixelated place. A great basic black Boulevard handbag from a past Paper Couture collection, as well as my Gimcrack Diamond Ring from (Caroline's) round out the accessories.

Look Of The Day [November 7/08] 3

After seeing it on the feeds, I had to indulge in this Ruby wig from TRUTH. It is a really cute up do, with a colour scripted bow. TRUTH's recent makeover has me a little confused, and I was rather miffed that the colour packs have changed. I really loved that the black and white shades were put together, since I wear both colours almost exclusively. I still love the hair, and it is still a reasonably priced wig, but will likely buy a bit less of it now that it means having to buy two packs instead of one to get the shades I love. Another new-to-me skin that I nabbed during the Celestial Studios sale, the Charmed Line's Earth 3 make-up, just really pretty and classic. Lashes are from [Detour], and eyes from Karamia. So back into the closet I go to find out what else may be hiding in there, may the inventory g-ds be good to me.

Shopping Details:
Dress - :bijou:, Refrain Knitdress [Night]
Belt - *Thimbles*, Mr. Belt
Hose - **Battered Boudoir**, Boudoir Legs Soft (Tan)
Boots - Maitreya, SoHo Boots (Ice Suede)
Bag - Paper Couture, P.C., The Boulevard Bag (Noir)
Necklace, Earrings - *KK*, Wooden Bead Jewelry Set [Scripted]
Bracelet - Bonita's, Black & Pearl 4 ~ #3
Ring - (Caroline's), Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair - TRUTH, Ruby (Ivory)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Earth-3)
Lashes - [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes - -KM-, Hazel Eyes

2 comments:

Kesseret Steeplechase said...

Hey, so glad you like the set!!! That's one of my favorite settings, I prefer that and the raw ruby.

<3

Thank you!

Ketsy said...

Aww Kess, I do love it, you are seriously talented girl! :))
YVW!

~ Ketsy