Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Warm Wishes For A Dear Friend

Look Of The Day [November 2/08] 3

This past weekend, I attended the NexCore show featuring the designs of my friend Neferia Abel. I have always marveled at Nef's endless creativity, her boundless seeming energy, her ability to juggle a busy family, a job, and her phenomenal creations for ~~Ivalde~~. I used to ask her when she found time to sleep. Today, Nef announced on her Blog that she was taking a break from Phil's Place for a while, at least a month. After working so tirelessly in the last month to launch two collections as well as a number of other items, and participating in a number of Halloween hunts, including the one I organized on Retrology, she has reached her limit. Nef it seems is human after all, she has a repetitive strain injury, Carpal Tunnel in her wrist, and what I can only imagine as a wrist raw from rubbing on her desk as she mouses about. Though her mind will not rest, her body must, and she will be very much missed by the many people who adore her.

Look Of The Day [November 2/08] 3

Immediately after the NexCore show, I headed over to ~~Ivalde~~ to get a closer look at her newest releases, a real departure from much of her previous work, Nef has upped the ante significantly with her amazing Boutique Line. A modern and sophisticated turn for Nef, something very modern, yet with more then a touch of classic detailing. This amazing Viella look is so plush. Crafted in a texture that resembles white crocodile, it includes the sculpted hood, scarf,a sculpted dress, as well as a pair of matching gloves and tights. It looks like a hand knit creation to me, soft and warm, something you might wear to a skating party or to a winter ski retreat.

Uncle Wiggily's Place_4

I pulled on a great chunky pair of equally warming Asuka Boots from Lassitude & Ennui in a complimentary Coal colour. I like the way the size and style of these boots really compliment the look of Nef's outfit. With so much going on in the dress, I am wearing only my (Caroline's) Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring. I really like the way it looks over the crocodile gloves.

Look Of The Day [November 2/08] 2

I needed a sleek wig to work under the amazing sculpted hood, and found this great two-toned Evette wig from Here Comes Trouble. The almost sullen look of Canimal Zephyr's Essence Skins, here in the Rose make-up, echoes my mood after finding out Nef will be away for a while. Luminous jewel like Hazel Eyes from Miriel and [Detour] Love Lashes.

I will miss you sweet generous Nef, heal fast, rest up, and come back when you are ready. I, along with all your other admirers, friends, and patrons will be awaiting your return.

Shopping Details:
Outfit - ~~Ivalde~~, (Includes Hood, Scarf, Dress, Gloves, Tights)
Boots - Lassitude & Ennui, Asuka Boots (Coal)
Ring - (Caroline's), Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair - Here Comes Trouble, Exclusive Pack 1 - Evette (small, et2p)
Skin - Canimal, Essence (Grace)... of Roses
Lashes - [Detour], Love Lashes
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

1 comment:

Neferia said...

Thank you so much for all your kind words and good wishes:)You are special Ketzemin.
I saw that in october i made 30 new outfits on 3 weeks!No wonder i have trouble with my hand and wrist now.
A little break will be good for my hand and wrist.
Thank you so much:)
Love you