Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Diamonds And Rust

Look Of The Day [November 10/08] 1

I am really enjoying the colours of Fall at the moment, even though most of the leaves are off the tree in Toronto, I can still see them strewn across the lawn. It is pretty much my favorite time of the year, cool but not too cold, no snow to wade through or shovel, and the smell in the air is crisp and sugary. I wish the season lasted longer, but the colours can last in my closet all year long. This great Rainy Day Sweater in Rust from Celestial Studios was the starting point for this outfit. I have always loved this style of cowl neck sweater, but before sculpties it was pretty disastrous to move about in. Starley did well here, not only with the main collar, but in adding extra glitch covers at the shoulder so that even in motion, the sweater looks right. I really like this skirt from Cake's Autumn in Paris Outfit. The asymmetrical plaid skirt is full and really fashion forward. I am always looking for great skirts as separates, but rarely find them. I have way too many jeans and slacks in my inventory, but very few separate skirts. That would be tops on my request list for any interested designers in taking up the challenge. I went with a complimentary pair of tights from (CREAMSHOP).

Look Of The Day [November 10/08] 2

I wanted to wear a great pair of boots that didn't steal the show, and these *REDGRAVE* Sculpties Boots in Smoke were the ones that did the trick. They have a gold accent to them, so I went with gold accessories. I wanted a nice long dangle earring with the open neckline of the sweater, and these *UnTone* Dragon Earrings are great, and come with a high prim and less primy version in the same box. The Tangled Antique Gold Bangles are from {JUNK}, I really like that they have some open areas so that you can see the colours of the sweater beneath. I took a ring from Diamonde. and tinted it a golden yellow to match the colours in this look a little better. I am not sure that it is still available, but the designer, Valena Glushenko is now designing under the Cachet umbrella at Glam World. I wanted another pop of fall colour, so I went with one of my favorite bags from *TaP*, now known as Fleur. This Heiress Handbag is great, and I really hope they still offer it, it is scripted to colour change with a click, and the shape of it and simplicity is refreshing.

Look Of The Day [November 10/08] 3

With big statement earrings and a cowl neck sweater, I though a mid-length wig, with exposed ears would work best. The TRUTH Shirley 2 wig has all that, plus a little bit of funky edge, something I am always looking for. A bright red-lipped skin from Celestial Studios Charmed Line worked well here, along with eyes from Miriel and Lashes from Cake. Here's hoping Fall lasts a wee bit longer, I am not ready to wear a parka and shovel snow out of the driveway only to have it all come down again over night.

Shopping Details:
Sweater - Celestial Studios, (CS) Rainy Day Sweater (Rust)
Skirt - Cake, from Autumn in Paris Outfit (Black)
Tights - (CREAMSHOP), Plain Tights Set (Brown)
Boots - *REDGRAVE*, Smoke Leather Sculpties Boots
Bag - *TaP* (now Fleur), Heiress Handbag
Earrings - *UnTone*, Dragon Earring
Bracelet - {JUNK}, Tangled Antique Gold Bangles
Ring - Diamonde., The Gillian Ring (Tinted Gold)
Hair - TRUTH, Shirley 2 - Smokey
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Red-Chic)
Lashes - Cake, Bedroom Lashes
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)

No comments: