Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

Look Of The Day [November 11/08] 1

On Tuesday night, my fella of 21 months Draco, celebrated his RL birthday. We started the evening at PIN UPS where DJ Azu was doing his thing for a "Best in Red" event, and ended up at another club dancing to some great Jazz and Standards. I decided to put together a sexy look in red so that I didn't have to change between events, and came up with this great Gertie Dress in Red from ~~Ivalde~~. Nef passes me some of her new releases from time to time, so when I finally get a change to take a look, I am always pleasantly surprised. I have to admit it, I am a girl who loves a system skirt, I just like a sleek silhouette, and when done well, they can be so lovely. This dress had a great system skirt, but also three-part ruffled prim hemline. I really love the satiny look of the skirt, and think that the added touch of the sheer straps and flexi scarves on the back are really lovely. This dress has a fabulous Latin feel to it, really sexy and classy at the same time. I wanted to keep it in a more retro framework, so I went with some seamed stockings from 1-800-Bettie's. The Stiletto Moody Elegant Slingbacks in Ruby were a good colour match, and added a bit of sparkle for a special night out.

Look Of The Day [November 11/08] 2

When I wear a dress with details like the flowing scarves so close to the neck, I don't wear a necklace with it, it just seems like a lot of clutter to me. I opted instead for a big showy earring from (CREAMSHOP). The Glam Earring in Red is almost too big, but that is the fun of it, and I own them in three colours. Perhaps even more hysterical is that the size I am wearing is the medium, there is a large version as well. Some complimentary sleek Gold and Resin Bangles from [VG Republic] worked nicely here, as they are scripted to texture/colour change to compliment your look. The set comes with three versions, and I like to mix and match from wrist to wrist.

Look Of The Day [November 11/08] 3

The Latin vibe of this dress made hair choice easy, this Milonga wig from le salon at comme il faut is so retro and classic, it really evokes a sexy Josephine Baker look. I wanted a glittery evening look with my skin, by didn't want a coloured lip, particularly not red that would likely clash with the coral red of the dress. The answer is this lovely Gold Glitter skin from Celestial Studios Charmed Line. I love wearing these skins for fancy dress occasions, one of the reasons I think Starley is such a huge talent. These Charmed skins are not the newest or most realistic on the grid, but I really love the look of them on my avatar, they have a more illustrated look as opposed to hyper-realistic, which has never been my style. Lashes are from Cake, and some of my favorite eyes are from Miriel.

Shopping Details:
Dress - ~~Ivalde~~, Gertie Red Dress
Hose - 1-800-Bettie's, Stocking by Bettie's (Taupe)
Shoes - Stiletto Moody, Elegant Slingbacks (Ruby Red)
Earrings - (CREAMSHOP), Glam Earrings (Red, M)
Bracelets - [VG Republic],Gold/Resin Bangles with Color Change
(L) Double Gold/Resin Bangles
(R) Skinny Gold/Resin Bangle
Ring - (Caroline's), Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair - comme il faut, le salon - Milonga (Raven)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Glitter -Gold 1 + body glitter)
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)
Lashes - Cake, Bedroom Lashes

No comments: