Saturday, August 16, 2008

Butterflies The Right Way

Look Of The Day [August 10/08] 1

One of the things I love best about Phil's Place is the creativity and collaboration that people are capable of. The possibilities, the constraints we see in our everyday lives are simply non-existent in-world. When I saw these amazing Vlinder Boots from Skuradawn Lei of Lazy Places, I was blown away. Not only are they a cute chunky pair of boots, but they have sweet animated butterflies slowly flapping their wings on them. But that is not the best part, the best part is that not only are they cute and creative, they go a step further and are scripted to rez actual prim butterflies around you as you walk about. You can set the speed and number of winged friends to bring with you wherever you may go, but you can also choose from a number of different species of butterflies on the selection of boots at Lazy Places. I choose these amazing Blue Morpho Butterflies pair, I think they are truly stunning, and if you look at the prim butterflies that rez and flap about you, they are just as detailed and animated as the ones on the boots. These were worth every Linden I spent on them, and I am not in the least disappointed in them, they are truly a work of art, and Sakuradawn and the collaborators on this amazing creation deserve the highest of praise.

I decided to stay with a bit of a grungy basic look to keep the attention where it belonged, on these great boots. The top is another winner from Pushbutton Industries, the Wrongway Longsleeve Tee is a great neutral top, and as it comes on all layers, as almost everything from *PBI* does, I had the option for a tucked in version. The pants were a recent find from ++ChaCla++, the Black Pants are sold separately with a basic pair of cuffs, but you can also buy additional cuffs, as I did here to customize the look a bit more. I just thought this TWOHEARTS version of the cuffs were really lovely with the chain and safety pin details. I pulled in my favorite Pyramid Studs Belt from /artilleri/, and another favorite with this Canimal Picture Pendant. A simple set of *Frosty* Bracelets Combination from /Milk/ brought in a blue accent as with the butterflies. Also wearing my long time staple earrings, the Tunnel Multi Set Ear Piercings from Drifting Sands, as well as my Caroline's Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire engagement ring.

Look Of The Day [August 10/08] 2

This sweet girly set of Beth pony tails is from *0 Style* (Zero Style). I do love the textures in their hair, particularly the very bright Silver, which is a colour that sometimes loses it's detail by some creators. Skin is Canimal Essence Line, in the Poise make-up, skins I am increasingly more comfortable in wearing as they are very distinct and I have no concerns about their origins, Canimal Zephyr has always set herself apart from the crowd, her skins are no different. Catwalk Lashes are from MMS, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes from Freak Fantasia.

Shopping Details:
Shirt - *PBI*, Wrong Way Longsleeve Tee
Pants - ++ChaCla++, Black Pants
Cuffs - ++ChaCla++, Black Pants (TWOHEARTS)
Belt - /artilleri/, Pyramid Stud Belt
Boots – Lazy Places [LP], Vlinder Boots (Blue Morpho)
Necklace – Canimal, Picture Pendant
Bracelets - /Milk/, Bracelet Combination (*Frosty*)
Earrings – Drifting Sands, Tunnel Multi Set Ear Piercing
Ring – Caroline’s, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Hair - *0 Style*, Beth (Silver)
Skin – Canimal, Essence (Grace)… of Poise
Lashes – MMS, Catwalk Lashes
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes

No comments: