Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sun Green

Look Of The Day  [March 3/09] 1

I hate to see talent go to waste. It is one of my biggest pet peeves really, people who have skills that I would kill for, not using them the way I wish I could. It is not a secret that my RL sister Anessa Stine is the one behind the alt Pin Upshaw, designer of PIN UP DOLLS Boutique. She is a trained graphic artists, and has amazing skills in Photo Shop, but is so busy raising her little guy and doing a million other amazing things, she rarely produces anything for her shop. When she does, I am always her biggest fan, she lets me make colour suggestions, and I love watching her work out the kinks in a design, and I love seeing the finished products for sale in her shop. I asked for a Lime green version of her newest release, the Really Rosey dress, and she obliged. I usually don't blog my own work, and it feels somewhat strange "reviewing" my sister's creations, but I have to say this dress is my favorite release of her so far. She loves details, as I do, and the amazing beaded roses on the bodice, the asymmetrical skirt, and the optional hair flowers make this dress so feminine and fresh. It comes in four coloured versions, as well as a black version, and makes me think of the type of dress I would love to wear to a spring wedding.

Look Of The Day  [March 3/09] 3

The hair flowers, which are included with the dress look as if they were made to go with this stunning Trisha up-do from TRUTH. I went with a simple versatile scripted Stud Earring from Sian Birke Jewelry, and picked out some Pearls in a knotted Necklace and a double Bracelet that I have had in inventory for a very long time. I couldn't discern the shop name, but the creator of these pieces, part of a set, is Irelyn Christensen. I am also wearing my Caroline's Jewelry Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire engagement ring. I choose a basic dark green pump from =DeLa*=, the "Helia" Pump, to echo some of the darker tones in the dress, and to ground the look a bit.

Look Of The Day  [March 3/09] 2

I have been playing around with my skins lately, trying new ones, and looking for some fresh make-ups. Ana Lutetia has recently released an amazing line of skin mods called *In Rainbows*, and I have to say that I adore them. The -AnaLu- skins have a beautiful neutral lip, and some lovely coloured eye make-up, but I love the shape of the brows in particular. The nose is also very pretty. I find these skins work really well with the lighter and fuller look of the MMS Thora Lashes. Eyes are from Freak Fantasia.

Shopping Details:
Dress - PIN UP DOLLS Boutique, Really Rosey (Lime)
Shoes - =DeLa*=, Pumps *Helia* (Green)
Necklace, Bracelet - ~SP~, White Pearl Set by Irelyn Christensen @ Industrielle
Ring - Caroline's Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Earrings - Sian Birke Jewelry, Stud Earrings
Hair - TRUTH, Trisha (Night)
Skin - -AnaLu-, *In Rainbows* NAT08.greyish
Lashes - MMS, Thora Lashes [No Location Found]
Eyes - Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes

3 comments:

IndiaRose said...

Lovely dress! You did a great job styling it as well. It's got just enough of a retro, classic and modern look to go anywhere.

Now if you would give an in-world class on fitting prim lashes, I would be in Heaven! ;-)

Ketsy said...

There is a Great Tutorial Video on that IndiaRose. It's by Celebrity Trollop.

http://blog.secondstyle.com/2007/04/how-to-edit-prim-lashes.html

~ Ketsy

IndiaRose said...

Oooooo, thank you! I'll go check it out, perhaps I can get some of these lashes fitted to someplace besides my nose or my eyeball :-D