Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Blue Heaven

Look Of The Day  [January 25/09] 1

I love system skirts, and I know I am not alone. I hear people complain about the flaws in the system skirt mesh, and I know that they are by no means perfect, but there is just something so classy about the silhouette of the system skirt that no prim attachment can match. I think a lot of it has to do with the issues around the reshaping of the body, the "break" in the skirt in some poses and while walking, and the skill of the texturing in the actual skirt. These are very separate issues. If you create a "skirt shape", or buy a shape with this option, you can eliminate one of the issues for the most part. I have a skirt shape, smaller hips and buttocks, but I don't always wear it. Sometimes I just love the curves. The skirt looking broken in some poses or while walking is another issue, but you could go as far as working with an AO that is meant for system skirts, and choosing poses carefully. The other issue is the skill of the designer to texture the skirt to eliminate the separation that you can sometimes see at the waist. It really is a matter of tricking the eye, and that is a skill. Case in point, this amazing basic Pencil Skirt from Ingenue. It is so well done, it looks flawless at the waist, and the high-waisted jacket part eliminates the problem with the broken mesh. Betty Doyle has this skirt in a rainbow of colour options, and I have gone back to buy it in more then one colour, it is that great.

Look Of The Day  [January 25/09] 2

I wanted a great sweater to pair with the skirt, and found this great Alice Sweater from *BOOM* sitting in my review copies folder. It worked well on a shirt layer, and the attachment collar and arm parts make it look really lush and comfortable. I am really a fan of sculpted pieces that have purpose, not merely for the sake of being there, and the cowl neck and sleeves work so well here. I pulled in a pair of Navy Silk Stockings from OPIUM Everyday Intimates, since I don't do bare legs during the winter months, it's a Canadian woman's habit I suppose. Satiny Helia Pumps from =DeLa*=, and a Velour Clutch from *Muism* are the added touches that give a sophisticated polish to this look. I went very minimal on the accessories, going with a favorite necklace and my engagement ring from Caroline's. I am not certain that the Miriel Tree of Life Necklace is still available, I bought it several years back, and I believe it was a Relay For Life charity item, but it indicative of the exceptional work that Miriel Enfield produces, so it is definitely worth a trip to see what she has in store.

Look Of The Day  [January 25/09] 3

Maitreya has been releasing some wonderful hair lately, and I have nabbed some that will be showing up soon, but perhaps my first style that made me sit up and take notice of Onyx LeShelle's wigs was this Mica style. I love the shine of the texture, and I have always thought it was a great flattering cut. Another favorite Celestial Studios skin from the Charmed Line, this make-up is called Red - Dusk, and it looks particularly great with big voluminous Bedroom Lashes from Cake. Eyes are Glassy Mustard Green from Freak Fantasia.

Shopping Details:
Sweater - *BOOM*, Alice Sweater (Navy) [Review Copy]
Skirt - Ingenue, The Pencil Skirt (Black)
Hosiery - OPIUM Everyday Intimates, Silk Stockings (Navy)
Shoes - =DeLa*=, Pumps "Helia" (Black)
Bag - *Muism*, Clutch (Black Velour, Right Hand)
Necklace - Miriel, Tree of Life Necklace (Black/Morganite) [Limited Edition]
Ring - Caroline's Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire Ring
Hair - Maitreya, Mica (Black)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Red - Dusk)
Eyes - Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green Eyes
Lashes - Cake, Bedroom Lashes

No comments: