Friday, March 13, 2009

Born To Be Wild

Look Of The Day  [March 12/09] 2

When things get a little "Wild" at PIN UPS, and it is time to bring out the animal prints, I can never seem to find what I am looking for. I know I own a lot of animal print clothing, but it is rarely named as such. To save time, I simply searched for "Zebra" and up came this /artilleri/ Zesty Zebra Dress, a gift from the amazingly generous Antonia Marat during her Christmas daily group gift event. I threw it on in a hurry, and was instantly smitten, there is little that I don't love from Antie. As it is still freezing up here in Canadia, I wanted a little more coverage, and searched for a jacket layer shrug to bundle up in, I was thrilled to find a match in this Stich by Stitch Magic Little Teal Shrug, which had exactly the right retro flavor for this look. Stitch by Stitch has some really unique and adorable items, and they have a real hand crafted look to them which I find particularly appealing.

Look Of The Day  [March 12/09] 1

I decided to go with a basic black retro-inspired shoe from Maitreya, the adorable Sassy shoe, which has the feel of an stacked sandal with a cute peep toe. The accessories are in a bright contrasting cherry red, starting with favorite /artilleri/ bead hoop earrings that are scripted to colour change with a click menu, and a Decollage Bubblegum Pearl Necklace, that can be hand tinted to any colour. I also threw on a WRONG Beads and Bangles bracelet, a little attitude goes a long way. I also am wearing a basic dual ball brow piercing from ITF. The Clutch Bag is another great find, from Bare@Rose Haute Couture's Lucky Chair, it comes in a variety of colours, I managed to snag this great golden Yellow one. It has a great vintage look to it, and reminds me of some of the treasures I used to find in my grandmother's closet.

Look Of The Day  [March 12/09] 3

The hair is /artilleri/ as well, the Sarah Jane style in Black, a really adorable vintage and rockabilly wig. Antoher wonderful -AnaLu- Skin from her *In Rainbows* mods, I simply adore the smooth soft glow of these skins, and the colourful make-up is right up my alley too. This is the NAT 10 .greenish. version, I haven't stopped wearing these skins since Ana Lutetia sent them my way, they are fantastic. Eyes are from Miriel and lashes are from the former MMS.

Shopping Details:
Dress - /artilleri/, zesty zebra dress *neon teal* [Christmas Group Gift]
Shrug - Stitch by Stitch, Little Teal Shrug
Bag - :::B@R:::, Clutch Bag, Yellow (L Hand) [Lucky Chair Gift]
Shoes - Maitreya, Sassy (Mixed Black)
Earrings - /artilleri/, bead hoop earrings
Necklace - Decollage, Bubblegum, Pearl Necklace (Tinted)
Bracelet - WRONG, Beads & Bangles (Red)
Brow - ITF, Brow Dual Ball Piercing by Lyric Meiji [No In-World Location Found]
Hair - /artilleri/, Sarah Jane (Black)
Skin - -AnaLu-, *In Rainbows* NAT 10 .greenish.
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)
Lashes - MMS, Thora Lashes [No Location Currently]

1 comment:

Samara Barzane said...

WOW! An absolute stunner of a look. Lous applause :)