Monday, March 2, 2009

Geek In The Pink

Look Of The Day  [January 3/09] 1

I am an unabashed geek, I rather take pride in this fact. I can dress myself up to look rather together and chic in my virtual life, but in actuality, it is not something I am capable in doing in everyday life. It's more like knowing the theory, but being unable to put them into practice. Case in point, this particular look. Polished, classic, easy, and using things that have been in my inventory for ages. Oh well, at least I can pull it off somewhere. This look started with this fabulous jacket from Bare@Rose Tokyo. The Anastasia jacket is part of a complete set, including a skirt and the jacket in several colours, just another reason that June Dion ranks among my all-time favorite designers. It almost goes without saying that the prices are beyond reasonable, so you can indulge practically guilt-free. It is a really great jacket, the use of sculpted pieces it done skillfully, and the texturing and shading on it is really nicely done. Small details like the buttons on the cuffs make it really special.

Look Of The Day  [January 3/09] 2

I wanted to let the jacket be the focal point of this look, so went with classic basics, a white shirt and dark denim slacks. Both of these elements are treasured pieces from *LAST CALL, no longer available, but you can certainly find similar items in a number of shops around the grid. I can't stress enough my appreciation of designers who put their system items on all possible layers. It is such an added value piece, and really makes a sale an easy choice as a consumer. I love jeans on underpants and pant layers, regardless of whether it has prim cuffs or not, and I love long shirts to have an underpants layer and shirt/undershirt option. The more conscious I am of making my money go further, the more important these options are, and though time consuming for designers to create, I hope more start to do it. This look only works because the blouse can be worn tucked in and not on jacket layer, without my bare belly hanging out. The shoes are a favorite pair of TESLA 'Diva' Heels, a great clunky and stylish laced oxford style pump.

Look Of The Day  [January 3/09] 3

Accessories include the amazing Paper Couture Shell Statement Necklace from their latest collection, as well as the Princess Ring, something I have had for over a year now. I must say, along with options in system layers, I appreciate designers who offer chest and spine options for collars and necklaces, as well as attachment point options for prim skirts. But if that is not always available, the ability to copy items and choose my own attachment points are highly appreciated. I also pulled in a fabulous bag from Bare@Rose, the Atropus bag is fun and pretty, and yet another one of the must-have bags in the Haute Couture section of the store. The Bare@Rose bags come with several hold options, like hand or forearm, or even shoulder holds, always a bonus.

Essentials start with this great [Aden] wig, called Tori, it is another one of the reasons I love short hair in-world. I love the edgy shaggy look of this cut, and used it recently for my Vain Inc. Magazine Look Of The Month when I needed the perfect rocker cut for my Joan Jett look. Skin is Celestial Studios Charmed Line, always my favorite comfort skins, it is the colourful make-ups that really have my heart. Likely a product of growing up in the 80s' when make-up colours were exploding, I love to have options. Eyes are from Miriel, and Lashes are Cake's Bedroom Lashes.

Shopping Details:
Jacket - :::B@R:::, Anastasia (Pink)
Shirt - *LAST CALL: Celine [No Longer Available]
Jeans - *LAST CALL: Frida (Autumnal) [No Longer Available]
Shoes - TESLA, 'Diva' Heels (Black)
Bag - :::B@R:::, Atropus (Pink, Hand)
Necklace - Paper Couture, P.C., Shell Statement Necklace
Ring - Paper Couture, P.C., Princess Ring
Hair - [Aden], Tori (Black)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Purple - Sunset)
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)
Lashes - Cake, Bedroom Lashes

5 comments:

Samara Barzane said...

Welcome back Ketsy *hugs*

Cajsa Lilliehook said...

you look great. I love that jacket!!

Ketsy said...

TY Samara, bout time I got my but in gear! *hugs*

Thanks Cajsa! You are the best! :)

~ Ketsy

IndiaRose said...

Gorgeous! I've missed your posts,and I am so glad to see this one! Now where to find a shirt like that one,hmmm... anyone else have ideas,I would love to hear them! ;-)

Ketsy said...

@IndiaRose

I have a similar blouse from DUTCH TOUCH I think... might have a tuck in layer too. I will keep my eyes peeled. :)

~ Ketsy